Monday, July 6
Sunday, June 28
Penelope has loved water since I can remember. I started taking her to a mommy and me swim class when she only one. She has been my baby Nemo ever since. This summer I knew it was going to be essential that she learned how to swim. I was super worried about trying to watch two babies at one time at the pool and not only that, all of my friends seem to have pools. Lucky for us the Jan Thomas Swim School is conveniently located here in Clovis. P's teacher had her swimming on her first lesson. I have only amazing things to say about the swim school. It is no wonder they have been around for over 50 years.
I was so sad I had to miss P's first lesson, but Tyson and his mom were able to take her. They sent me videos the entire lesson. I was so proud of her from the very first video I saw. It made me tear up a little. I thought it was going to be a bit traumatizing for her, but she was so resilient and her teacher showed her so much love. From there on out, each lesson got better and better.
I loved taking her and watching her kick her tiny legs as fast as she could across the pool. It was so cute watching her open her eyes under water and look at all of the other kids around her. She was able to jump off the diving board and even go down the slide. Being a mama and watching my kids accomplish new things is the best reward out there.
After each lesson P picked out a popsicle or Airhead and had to get a whale and mermaid stamp. She was in heaven after each lesson and would cry when it was over. Every day she begged to see her teacher! She even woke up from her nap a couple of times yelling, "TEACHER." I was so sad on the last day knowing she wouldn't see her until next year. P has such a special place in her heart for her.
On her third to last lesson they took under water pictures of her. These have to be some of my favorite pics EVER!
^^^ P laughed and pointed every time we walked by this statue. ^^^
^^^ On the second to last lesson, they had me get into the pool with her, so that they could teach me the proper techniques to continue her progression. It was so fun being in the water with her.
On P's last day she became a Jan Thomas Champion! She was awarded a blue ribbon and a medal. You could see her beaming with pride. Grandma and Grandpa Parker were there, as well as Tyson and her two cousins. Everyone clapped and cheered for her. She kept holding up her pointer finger and saying she was number one. It was too cute!
Friday, June 26
Sweet P had her very first dance recital on Monday. You better believe we were all so excited in anticipation for her big debut. We even flew my mom out here for the performance. P has been in dance since last November and has begged to go every day since her first class. It has been so much fun taking her every week and watching her progress. She is a natural and I can't wait to see where dance takes her.
Talking with the other mama's and having the camaraderie has been super nice and was much needed. I got to know a couple of them really well. We giggled together as we watched our girls twirl, kick, jump and play ring around the rosie. The song "Let It Go," will forever be embedded into my mind with the image of my little P twirling around the dance room, waving her scarves around, trying to sing at the top of her lungs. I got emotional each time I watched her live in the moment. I am learning a lot from this one.
When her dance teacher told us that she would like the girls hair half up half down and in ringlets, I couldn't help but laugh. P has only a few strands of hair and I figured we were lucky enough to have enough hair to clip the bow into. At the start of the year I was worried we were going to have to attach it to a headband. Luckily my friend let me borrow her tiny curling iron and told me it would work. Cara came over and worked her magic on P's hair. It looked so cute, I about died. I never imaged her wispy hair in ringlets. She was so excited that she was going to be able to wear makeup. She held still perfectly and looked like a real beauty! Her lashes go for days. I have no clue where they came from. Neither Tyson or myself have long lashes.
^^^ Her smile says it all. ^^^
The dress rehearsal went well and got us all even more excited for her performance. I wasn't sure how she would react to the bright lights and not being able to see me in the audience. I tried prepping her as much as I knew how and told her that I would yell really loud for her, "GO PENELOPE." She smiled when I told her that.
Daddy brought home a bouquet of flowers for his tiny dancer and we headed out for the big show.
Thursday, June 25
As usual life is crazy busy, but super fun! Summer has brought lots of ice cream, swimming and many new memories. Here is a quick catch up of what's been happening around here.
1. Father's Day Sunday, my girls have the best daddy. 2. I got to team instruct to raise money for a group traveling to Haiti, later this year. 3. Some of the other wonderful instructors I got to teach with. 4.We celebrated Tyson's 31st birthday. My friend Kimmy made the most unbelievable golf themed cake for him!
1. I never tire of seeing pictures with my girls together. It's a rare occasion that P wants to hold Lucy, so when she does, you better believe I am snapping away. 2. Lately P has loved hanging outside once the sun starts going down. 3. P could play airplane all day long. Her hair kills me. 4. Lucy Marie in her new romper. Baby rolls in rompers about does me in every time.
1. Popsicles have been a must in this heat. The bigger the better. I end up eating most of it. 2. Sunday snippet with my happy girl. 3. Tyson's first time on a road bike..... it was mine. I couldn't stop laughing seeing him on my tiny bike. 4. P is finally at the age where she can go play with friends. She is obsessed with her friend "Abbey's" house.
1. Lucy watching her cousin perform at her talent show. 2. This girl and her silly faces. 3. In N' Out is my new addiction. I tend to go there every other day. I swear I'm not pregnant, but it sure feels like it with the cravings I have been having. 4. Little Lucy loves the bath and I'm so in love with her squishy belly.
1. We love meeting daddy for lunch after P's dance class. 2. Thrifty's has the best ice cream. Such a perfect treat after swim lessons. 3. Selfie's with my mini. Notice the lipstick on P. 4. The BEST ice cream ever! Cold Stone (half sweet cream, half chocolate, Reese's, almonds and hot fudge. I have my friend Jill to thank!
1. Farmer's Market with my little lady. 2. P loves every other dog besides her own. 3. This girl and pony rides. 4. We found our old groomer. We are thrilled, including Gigi.
1. We have been living at the pool every Saturday. It helps with the mean farmers tan, I am developing from biking. 2. I have a thing for hats these days. I plan on adding a few more to my collection. 3. P's favorite thing about Target is picking out a juice and munching on some popcorn. And yes I took her out in public, in her Cinderella costume. 4. My friend Jessica and her daughter T came to visit us. The girl played so well together. I wish they lived closer.