Wednesday, January 8

Penelope's First Birthday Party

I am beyond thrilled to finally post Penelope's first birthday party pictures.  Her party took multiple months of planning and many late nights spent crafting.  After all was said and done it was all worth it.  My mom and good friend Jessica flew into Fresno, to help me with all of the last minute touches.  Without those two, I would have been way over my head.  Tyson was also amazing through all of the madness.  He sat back and let me have my fun.  I wanted more than anything for the day to be a celebration of Penelope's first year.  It was a rough year, but what a great year it was.  I went with a heart theme, because Nellie will always be my heart baby.  I will never forget the lessons she taught all of us. 










^^^ I ordered a chocolate smash cake for miss P and an almond flavored cake for everyone else to enjoy. ^^^






^^^ My beautiful friend Jes. ^^^



^^^ I made a variety of different bows for the little girls who attended, to take home. ^^^


^^^ The candy bar was filled with every type of pink and gold candy I could find. ^^^




^^^ One of my favorite decorations was this banner, showcasing the many faces of Penelope. A huge thank you to my friend Brooke for sizing and editing all of P's faces. ^^^




^^^ I spray painted these gold picture frames with chalkboard paint, to make the perfect sized chalkboards. ^^^




Before the cake smash we watched this video.  






^^^ We laughed and cried. ^^^




^^^ Penelope with her Great Grandma Betty, who she was named after. ^^^



Tyson's parents had the brilliant idea to rent a bounce house for all of the kids.  Needless to say, it was a hit.  Between the cotton candy machine and bounce house, the kids were well occupied. 




^^^ My father-in-law was sweet and stepped up to the task of making all of the kiddos cotton candy. ^^^









And finally it was time to watch P dig into her smash cake!  I had looked forward to this moment for so long.














^^^ We couldn't leave GiGi out of the fun.  I'm don't know how she didn't get sick.  She had cotton candy on her fur for days to follow. ^^^



Penelope was beyond spoiled by all of her friends and family.  Everyone went above and beyond to make her feel so special.  She loved each and everyone of her gifts.  It was a blast watching her open each gift.  





It was an amazing day!  Most of these photos are from our friend Shaun.  I couldn't thank him enough, for documenting our little girls special day.  I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such great people.


confetti dipped ballons tutorial here
gold glitter garland found here
pom-pom party hat tutorial here
glitter letters tutorial here
paper rosette tutorial here
baby birthday banner tutorial here
glitter dipped mason jars tutorial here
fabric bow tutorial found here
sugar cookie recipe here
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

29 comments:

  1. This is beyond perfect! I love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Janessa - Everything turned out BEAUTIFULLY! What an amazing daughter and family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOM OF THE YEAR!!!!! I am in awe, you never stop amazing me with all your talents, can you please share some of that with me;) now I have to go pick my jaw up off the ground... AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are ridiculously talented; by far the cutest birthday party I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute party!! Good job mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nessa,
    I just found your blog this week and I just LOVE it! I love your photos, the way they look, your presentation and the way you write your recipes and your talent! You have a beautiful family!
    I'm a new follower and best of luck to you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where is your shirt from? Love love this party!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased it on Brickyard Buffalo a long time ago. I notice they post similar ones every once in awhile.

      Delete
  8. Yes where is your shirt from?? Beautiful party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it a year or so ago on a site called Brickyard Buffalo. Check them out, they seem to post similar tops.

      Delete
  9. This is beautiful, and EXACTLY what I wanted for by little girls upcoming first! Thank you for the tutorials and photos - so appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE all the details! I'm working on my daughter's 1st bday party now. It's just a few weeks away. I love the photos in the heart shape. Are those Polaroids? If not what size prints are they? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful birthday party. Baby is looking so cute. I loved the décor too. It’s really awesome. Want to do best arrangements for my baby’s birthday party at one of LA venues who will turn 2 this year. Will take few ideas from your post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and everything. But think about if you added some great photos or video clips to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with pics and video clips, this blog could certainly be one of the most beneficial in its niche. Very good blog!brisbane photo booth hire

    ReplyDelete
  14. I recently came across your blog and have now been reading along. I believed I would leave my first comment. I don't understand what to express except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I could keep visiting this blog very often.where to rent a photo booth for a party

    ReplyDelete

  15. For making someone Birthday special you can send funny memes as a gift to make them laugh. Memes you can post on social network by mentioning people whom you want to send. It's the greatest gift you can give someone to make their day special.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very excellent blog post. I am thankful for your blog post. I have found a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Reeperbahn

    ReplyDelete
  17. I’m usually to blogging and i actually appreciate your content. The article has genuinely peaks my interest. Assamese status | Assamese Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  18. Changing it according to the system's use, and then producing an outcome are referred to as technology systems or technological systems.
    Awesome write dude just wanna to read again and again. Thanks fro you share:
    Ledger Wallet Customer Support phone number
    Coinbase Support Number
    Quickbooks Support Phone Number
    Ledger Support phone number
    Ledger Nano Support Phone Number
    Ledger Wallet Support

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely post thanks for sharing with us I like it very much keep on.
    Immune System Booster

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree with a lot of the points you made in this article. If you are looking for the Event Photography Gold Coast, then visit **Catch A Star**. I love your content, they are very nice and very useful to us and this text is worth everyone’s attention.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice post! Your blog post is very nice. Thank you for sharing this blog post.
    Birthday Decoration

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS