Sunday, August 14

Puppy Scare

We experienced our first scare with GiGi last night.  Tyson and his dad had been working on the crown molding in our house all day, while I saw the movie "The Help."  

One of my favorite things about coming home is having GiGi greet me at the door.  Without fail she runs straight for me, however last night was different.  There was no Gigi at the door. I asked Tyson where she was.  He said she was around the house somewhere.  I looked under all the beds, in every closet, under the couch, and everywhere else I could think of.  Gigi was nowhere to be found.  

I started to panic.  The worry settled into Tyson and his dad.  We all ran out of the house yelling GiGi's name.  My worst fears came to mind.  I of course, had to imagine the worst.  After running around the neighborhood for sometime I decided to head back towards our house.  As I approached our house I heard a little bark coming from our house.  I have only heard GiGi bark a couple of times, so I was unsure if it was her or not.  I decided to check the house one more time.  As I walked into the house the barking went away.  I decided to pray, as soon as I finished my prayer I heard a little whimper.  But I still couldn't figure out where it was coming from.  I headed into the kitchen and decided to check the cupboard where we keep GiGi's treats.  Lo and behold GiGI had made her way into the cupboard.  


Tyson said he saw the cupboard opened after he had given her a treat and didn't think to check it before he closed the door.  I guess from now on we will check twice before closing any door.  We can laugh about it now, but at the time I seriously didn't know what to do.  I can't imagine what parents feel like when they lose a child.  We sure love our little GiGi and are happy she was found.

1 comment:

  1. How scary!!! Glad she was found safe, I can't imagine how scared you were

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS