Friday, April 3

Lucy Seven Months

Dear Lucy,

This past month has by far gone by the quickest.  You are turning into such a big girl, right before our eyes.  Just a couple of days ago, you woke up from your nap and decided you wanted to sit up, all by yourself.  I couldn't believe it.  You smiled and I just knew you were so proud of yourself.  Thank goodness for technology these days, we were able to Facetime with daddy and show him your new trick.  You seem much happier now that you have that all figured out.  

You still roll all over the place.  It's kind of a fun game we like to play, where we lay you down and see how far you can get.  You continue to love your bouncer, but sadly I think have moved on from you swing.  It used to be your favorite, but now is your worst enemy.  

We have started putting you in the highchair to eat and you seem like such a big girl every time I see you sitting in there.  You always click your heels together as soon as you see me grab you food out of the cupboard.  You pretty much like everything you have tried.  Pears and sweet potatoes are your all time favorites.  I am still nursing you, but also make sure to give you one bottle of formula a day, just to make sure you can do both.  You don't seem to mind the bottle at all.  

This past month you got RSV, but fought it off like a warrior.  The only thing it seemed to effect was your sleeping.  You woke up a couple times a night and I couldn't bear to hear you cry, so I fed you.  This led to putting a wrench in your sleeping schedule.  The past couple of nights we have had to restart the sleep training.  Luckily you adapt quickly and are back sleeping through the night.

We have a good schedule going on now, which allows us to get out of the house more often.  Just recently daddy bought you a seat for the stroller.  You have loved getting out on walks and have enjoyed the weather and looking around at your surroundings.  I can't handle how cute you look in that big stroller.  Your sissy loves taking walks with you and having you in the same stroller as her.

Your daddy also bought us the Ergo 360, which has been awesome for both of us.  You have loved the new found freedom of looking around face forward.  It's a dream for me because I am able to take you and your sissy places and have both hands free.  You continue to dislike your car seat, but calm down as soon as the car gets going.

You love your sleep sack.  I am not sure how we are going to transition you out of that thing.  As soon as you see it, you realize it's time for bed and you squeal.  I may have to convert it into a blanky for you.  You fall asleep so quickly and take the best naps.  I love when you wake up and I see you laying there, just flapping your arms and legs.  You remind me of a baby penguin.

You smile on command and light up especially when your sister talks to you.  It's a rare occasion, but when I see the two of your interact I get so excited for the relationship the two of you will have.  Most days we Facetime with Mimi and you also scream.  You know her voice and love seeing her face. 

You are wearing size 4 diapers & size 9-12 month clothes.  You seem to get chubbier by the second and we all can't seem to get enough of you.  Thank you for being such a sweet easy baby.  I don't know what we would do without you.

Love, 
Mama & Papa
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word she is to die for. Your girls are darling, Janessa!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS