Monday, April 18

That's What Friends Are For


Lately I have been whining to Tyson about how much I miss my friends.  Jessie and Megs must have sensed this and planned a surprise vacation to see me.  Friday morning Tyson was acting slightly funny.  I couldn't seem to pin point what he had up his sleeve.  He called me around noon and told me to walk outside....  I stepped onto the pavement and MUCH to my surprise I see two of my best friends speeding by me in their rental car.  I got a little teary eyed and ran as fast as I could to give them a hug.  I was so excited to show them my house and my new stomping grounds.  

Friday night we all went to Dog House Grill......... YUM!!!!  They have the best chicken salad and fries!



Saturday we took a day trip to San Francisco.  We had a blast walking around Fisherman's Wharf, stopping by my favorite candy store to load up on some salt water taffy, walking out on the pier, eating the most divine peanut butter, chocolate sundae from Ghirardelli Square, chowing down some fried calamari, walking across the Golden Gate Bridge, and shopping.   The weather couldn't have been more perfect!











Sunday afternoon we drove to Yosemite National Park.  It felt so great to be out in nature.  There is seriously nothing like FRESH air.  It takes me back to Utah.  The trees were enormous and baffling.    





I cannot thank my friends and husband enough for this past weekend.  We ate more than anyone can imagine but it was well worth every pound gained.  We laughed until we cried, talked and talked and talked!  I love these girls and wouldn't be the same without them. I appreciate the many, many miles they drove for me!  

What would a girl do without her bosom buddies? 

1 comment:

  1. HOW SWEET... WHAT AWESOME FRIENDS YOU HAVE... SOMETIMES I FEEL THE WAY YOU DO ABOUT MISSING MY FRIENDS... BUT I DONT THINK MY FRIENDS WOULD EVER DRIVE THAT FAR LOL.... GLAD YOU HAD A BLAST YOUR PICS MAKE ME MISS HOME!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS