Wednesday, December 7

Fa La La La La La La La La

It feels so good to be back home to my own little Christmas village.  This time of year is absolutely wonderful in so many ways.  

Just to name a few of my favorites: lighting my Christmas candles, the way my mantle looks with the fire burning below, listening to Christmas tunes 24/7, watching Elf, Family Stone, The Santa Clause, and Home Alone, baking sugar cookies, driving down Christmas Tree Lane, walking around Temple Square, receiving Christmas cards in the mail, feeling the magic all around, and mostly celebrating our Savior's birth. 

I ended up hanging the ornaments on our tree this year alone.  Tyson was busy in the background playing FIFA with our brother-in-law.  At least they let me listen to Christmas music while decorating.   

Our tree is a skinny little bugger this year.  While looking through the adds on Thanksgiving, we spotted a seven foot pre-lit tree for only $39.99, at Joann's.  We thought it was a steal of a deal.  So we woke up nice and early and stood in line, with all the other crazies.  When we got into the store we ran right to the tree section.  Much to our surprise, we found a sad little tree.  We debated whether or not to purchase the tree, but decided to give it a home anyways.  Once we got it out of the box, we may have regretted our decision, for just a moment.  We decided what the heck!  With the ornaments on it looks much better.  I can actually say, I kind of love our little tree now.


Christmas is purely awesome!  The schedule is full for the next two weeks, and I can't wait.  I am mostly excited to travel back to Utah to celebrate with my family.  Christmas just isn't the same without the snow.

I read this quote on another blog and thought it was a good one to share.  I know I need to keep the true meaning of Christmas in mind, with all the hustle and bustle of the holidays. 


"As we seek Christ, as we find Him, as we follow him, we shall have the Christmas spirit, not for one fleeting day each year, but as a companion always." -Thomas S. Monson

1 comment:

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS