Tuesday, May 29

Memorial Weekend

Memorial weekend has always been such a highlight for me.  I remember looking forward to Memorial Day every year growing up.  We would go visit my grandparent's graves with all of my aunts and uncles, followed by Litza's Pizza.  

Since we could not be in Utah, Tyson and I decided to start our own traditions here in California.  

We started the weekend of with the Farmer's Market.  I have so much fun walking down the streets of Old Town Clovis with my guy.  The streets are filled with delicious fruits, veggies, and fried food.  You also can't beat the live music. 

I make sure to get myself cotton candy, corn on the cob, and homemade lemonade every time we go.  


The corn is so spicy but so worth the flavor. 


Being pregnant has turned me into a semi-healthy girl.  I crave fruits and veggies all day long.  My new favorite midnight snack is tomatoes smothered in salt and pepper.


GiGi has enjoyed having a buddy around, even though more than half the time we are ripping them apart from one another.  By the end of the day they are all tuckered out.


Kiersten is still in town, which has been awesome.  I feel spoiled.

Memorial Day we decided to hit the lake.  I have to say, it felt so good to be outside.  There is just something about being out on the lake listening to good music and eating delicious food. 


Tyson's entire family came to the lake.  It was so much fun to have everyone there.  We might have even convinced my father-in-law to go to Lake Powell next year. 


I had to sit on the boat next to these two skinny minis the entire day. 


At one point Tyson's friend Shaun drove us to some cliffs for the boys to jump off of.  The one they were going to jump off was enormous.  It was around 60 feet.  I yelled to Tyson from the boat to please not jump.  I reminded him he has a baby on the way.  I was so happy all the boys decided to take the safe route and jump off the baby rock.  I wish I would have gotten a picture of the huge cliff.  There was no comparison.



I lived vicariously through Tyson and my sister as they wake surfed and wake boarded.  


I enjoyed floating in the water.  It felt amazing.


After the lake we went to Tyson's cousins house for a BBQ.  The food was delicious.  




Of course we couldn't forget what Memorial Day is all about.  This Memorial Day was extra special, having a family member in the military.  My brother-in-law Jordan is the the Marine Corps.  He has been deployed for six months now.  I am so grateful for the sacrifices he has made being away from Kiersten and his family.  There have been so many and are so many who continue to fight for our freedom.  I am grateful for everything they have and continue to do for our country.

Jordan gets home one week from today!

Hip Hip Hooray!

I cannot wait for my sister to see her hubby again!  


Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS