Sunday, September 25

Lucy Two Years Old

Dear Lucy,

I can't believe you are two years old!  Where has the time gone?  It seems I have been saying that since you were born.  You are growing into the most adorable toddler.  I fall more and more in love with you every day.  I am obsessed with your squishy body and the way you wrap your chubby little arms around my neck, when giving me hugs.  You give the absolute best kisses, with the perfectly puckered lips.  Your personality is bursting and we wouldn't have you any other way.

I had written this letter, right before you were about to turn two, but for some reason it got deleted, so I'm playing a little bit of catch up.  Over the past few months your vocabulary has taken off.  You are talking up a storm and we can't get enough of your tiny little voice.  It's seriously the cutest little sound and I secretly hope it never changes.

At two years old your favorite things are, Thomas the Train, Daniel Tiger, feeding yourself yogurt and rice, shoes (flip flops in particular), grapes, picking out your own drink at Target, going on the swings, while at the park, helping mama vacuum, Target, anything Frozen, backpacks, your grocery cart, your cousins, giving GiGi her treats, Diet Coke, going to dance and of course your kitty!  

You want to do anything and everything that your sister is doing.  You are so in love with her, even though you two definitely have your moments.  It was the sweetest thing, when we dropped sissy off to her first day of preschool.  You didn't know what to do without her.  When she arrived home from school, the two of your cuddled for over an hour.  I had never seen you do that before.  It melted my mama heart.  You are so good at sharing with your sister and want to make sure she always gets a snack or treat, when you are getting one for yourself.

Whenever you hear music you dance and wiggle around in your carseat.  I think we have a little dancer on our hands.  I couldn't believe how quickly you caught on to tapping your heels and toes and leaping over objects.  Watching you dance around in your little tutu, is too dang cute!

We were recently in Sacramento, with the intentions of going apple picking, but you had other plans for us.  You ended up having a UTI, which put you in the hospital for three days.  As hard as it was watching you be in pain, I LOVED the quality time that daddy and I got to spend with you.  You refused me to leave your side and I couldn't get enough of it.  We slept together in your hospital bed and watch movies and cuddled for three straight days.  We really bonded a lot and am so grateful you are now feeling healthy and happy.  You showed us how strong and brave you are.

You say the sweetest prayers and sing, I Am a Child of God and I Love to See The Temple.  I love watching you grow, not only physically, but spiritually.  You are the most darling little girl, with the tiniest little curls, that hang off the ends of your hair.  You are the best addition to our family and we feel beyond blessed to get to be your parents.

Happy Birthday baby girl!

Love,

Mama and Papa
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS