Sunday, September 25

Penelope's First Day of Preschool

 ^^^ She was soon excited! ^^^
Penelope was beyond ready for her first day of preschool.  Last year, I wasn't ready to let her go, but this year I knew she was ready.  She has always been so eager to learn and knew I had to let her spread her wings.  
I didn't think it would be one of those moms, that got teary eyed, but the day of her preschool orientation, I found myself tearing up, as I looked at her little cubby.  As I stared at her name, it surprised me as the flood of emotions hit.  I didn't want her to see or anybody else for that matter, so I pulled myself together.  Taking her to that orientation, made all the difference.

When it came to her first day, she was ready to go and couldn't get out of the door fast enough.  The night before we had made it a memorable evening.  We let her pick her favorite restaurant to have dinner.  There was no hesitation, as she picked Broilers.  Dinner was followed by frozen yogurt (pink with sprinkles) and the highlight, a fathers blessing.  

It was such a tender moment for me as a mom.  I looked over to my sweet P, with her legs dangling off the chair and her father placing his hands on her head.  I became a little choked up, as my childhood promise, to myself came true.  I married Tyson who honors his priesthood and has been able to bless my children's lives, because of that.

P woke up and put on her new outfit.  She was so excited to wear her backpack.  I couldn't wait to get her water bottle and snack all packed for her.  We took her in and she went right to her cubby and placed her snack and backpack inside.  I gave her the biggest squeeze and hug.  Knowing she is in such good hands and that she was excited, made all the difference.  

Lucy and I had to do some retail therapy and found ourselves at Target, while we waited for the time to pass.  I couldn't wait to pick her up and hear all about her day.  She handed me the cutest little handprint with the sweetest poem.  I again got choked up and couldn't wait to hang it on our fridge.  It's going to be hard for me, not to want to save every art project. 

I am so excited for this new adventure in her life.  I love that she loves to learn and know she will go far in this world.
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS