Wednesday, July 7

Let Freedom Ring

This Independence day was GREAT! We were able to celebrate it all weekend long, and not to mention I enjoyed having a day off of work. We celebrated grandpa Parker's Birthday. He is such a sweet man and a great example to all.


The Parker side of the family came over for a BBQ. We all enjoyed the new putting and chipping area that was put in the back yard. Who knew living with the in-laws would improve my golf game.


Side note: I braved getting my hair done here in California. This was a difficult step for me to take. My friend Jessica has been doing my hair for the past four years and she has done a most excellent job. I had nightmares about getting my hair cut and dyed by someone new. It ended up turning out great. My sister-in-law Cara did a fantastic job dying it and my new hair dresser Jenny did a good job as well.

And now back to the good stuff. I attempted my culinary skills again in making grandpa Parker a birthday cake. It was actually very easy and a lot of fun. I figured with the holiday why not make him a flag cake.



Sunday night we went over to our uncle Steve and aunt Kip's for fireworks and homemade ice cream. Tyson and I decided it is a must to invest in an ice cream maker.

It was hilarious watching the boys light fireworks. They enjoyed being pyromaniacs and I enjoyed the entertainment. We decided since we weren't at the Stadium of Fire this year we would make our own right here in Clovis, music and all. Angie popped open the back of the van and we danced all night to the YMCA, Macarena, Who Let The Dogs Out, Shout, and much more. It took us back to the good old cheer days.



It was a great weekend. I feel so blessed to live in a country where we can enjoy so many freedoms. Anytime I have gone out of the country I enjoy being there but there is nothing like coming home to the land of the free and the home of the brave. It is wonderful to be able to enjoy the freedom of religion. What can I say.... I love my country!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS