Sunday, August 5

Newport Beach 2012

One of the highlights to every summer is the Parker/Cleveland Family Reunion to Newport Beach.  It has been a ongoing tradition for Tyson's family for years.  I had been craving the weather, food, and the beach for months.  

Our first day there we had to indulge in some Cafe Rio and Balboa Bars.  Two of my favorite things.  


The chapel that we attend church in, is right across from the Newport Temple.  It is such a gorgeous Temple.  


We attempted to take some family photos while at the beach.  I have never been one for for family photos, but I realize there are just some things that have to be done.



My sweet in-laws who make this trip possible every year.



This is one of my favorite pictures of Tyson ever.  I seriously love his smile.  


Our nephew Jon.


Something seems to always happen while attempting pictures.  Our niece Brielle took a face dive into the rocks, right before we were supposed to take the pictures.  The poor girl had the biggest goose egg on her head.  Needless to say, we are missing a few in the picture below. 


 Jon and Ashley (Kyle's family, Tyson's brother who passed away) were able to come to the beach this year.  It was so fun to catch up with them and get to know them even better.  Ashley was so sweet to take me shopping for some maternity clothes.  Honestly one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me.  I was in such need.


What can I say we tried!


 My feet have swelled significantly, so Tyson took me to get some new shoes.  Don't worry that a day after purchasing a 1/2 size bigger shoe than normal, my foot could no longer fit into the shoe.  Oh the joys of pregnancy.


We spent hours laying out by the beach.  


Me and my beautiful sister-in-laws at the family campfire. 


 We took a little bike ride down the boardwalk to Jane's Corndogs.  It was soooo tasty!


One of my favorite places in Newport is Fashion Island.  I am a sucker for puppies and they happen to have the most fantastic pet store.  They let you hold as many puppies as you would like and for however long you would like.  I fell head over heals for this baby bulldog.  


I tasted my first ever Macaroon.  Salted carmel was by far my favorite.  


I spent hours falling more and more in love with this book.  Seriously one of the best books I have ever read.



I got to watch Tyson surf one morning.  I was very impressed.  It was only his second time and he no fear.








We got Pinkberry every chance we could get.  It was oh so fantastic.


Since Kiersten lives so close we decided to take a drive to San Clemente to see her and Jordan's apartment.  They took us to a delicious breakfast cafe.  I had Huevos Rancheros, my favorite.  


While eating we noticed a parrot sitting on a palm tree.  Don't worry some guy just brought his pet a long for some breakfast.  I was nervous to have this beautiful guy on my arm.  Luckily he didn't bite.



Kiersten and Jordan took us on base to the beach.  We had a blast watching the boys boogie board.  The waves were enormous.  I was a nervous wreck watching them.


It was great to spend some quality time with my sister girl.  Her and her hubby made us dinner and while the boys went to Batman we made cookies and watched Gossip Girl.  


Vacations are never long enough, but it always feels so good to come home to this little face.


Next year will be an entire new chapter taking a baby to the beach.  We soaked up every second being just the two of us but cannot wait for our little one.  We got her some cute outfits while at the beach and can't wait to put them on her.

Until next year....

1 comment:

  1. What are you talking about in the last post??? You don't even look like you have gained a pound! You are the most gorgeous thin pregnant person I have ever seen!!! Lucky You!!! Looks like such a fun trip, I am JEALOUS

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS