Saturday, September 8

Grandpa Bob

Tyson's Grandpa Bob passed away peacefully in his sleep, last night.  He has had Alzheimer's for the past few years.  I never knew him prior to his Alzheimer's, but could always feel such a special sprit about him.  

I will never forget the first time I met him and he told me how pretty I was.  He always had a way of making you feel special.  I have loved hearing Tyson tell me stories about his grandpa, over the years.  He traveled to all of Tyson's basketball and volleyball games.  He would pack Tyson honey and peanut butter sandwiches and orange slices to give him energy.  Tyson always said he enjoyed playing basketball with him because he never got tired of rebounding and spending time with his grandchildren.  He said they would play for hours.  I have heard many stories of how strong he was, how is was such a hard worker, was so talented in baseball, served the Lord daily through constant missionary work, and loved his wife fiercely.  The sweetest thing I can remember is when Tyson's uncle informed him that his grandpa found a newspaper clipping, about Tyson playing basketball at Fresno State.  He cut it out and has kept it in his wallet ever since.  I know he loved Tyson dearly and was so proud of him. 











I loved looking through Tyson's old pictures and seeing the love and support that Tyson got from his grandpa.  That man always had a smile on his face.  


And you better believe he had moves on the dance floor.


This past Valentine's Tyson and I went to visit him, with Grandma Betty.  It was so nice to see the love that they share for one another.  No matter the adversity they were still so in love.  This will always be a special memory I hold in my heart.  


I tell Tyson all the time, that he is going to look just like his grandpa, when he is older.  Two of the sweetest smiles I have  ever seen.


What an amazing man he was.  I feel so blessed to have the gospel in my life and for a Savior who died so that we may live again.  I know that he is in a better place where he will not have to struggle any longer.  What a peaceful feeling that is to have.  


I am so grateful that families can be together forever!

1 comment:

  1. That was such a sweet tribute to you and Tyson's grandpa! I'm so sorry for your loss, he seems like he was such a great person!!!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS