Monday, June 2

Peanut Butter Bars

One of the downsides to being pregnant, is not wanting to be in the kitchen much.  I actually try to avoid it as much as possible.  However, as of late I have been craving all things sweet and salty.  I decided to put on my big girl pants and brave the kitchen.  It felt so good to get out my Kitchen Aid.  The poor thing has been so neglected.  I was going to be all sorts of ambitious and make a coconut cream pie, but decided peanut butter bars sounded so much easier and equally as tasty.  If I start to feel overzealous again, I will be sure to post my pie recipe, because it's that good!  Penelope and I had a great time in the kitchen together.  I see a bright future in baking for that little girl of mine.

So without further adieu, my mama's peanut butter bars.... 

Peanut Butter Bars
1 1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup peanut butter
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. vanilla
6 cups oatmeal

Chocolate Frosting
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Cream butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl.


Add eggs and peanut butter.  Mix until combined well.


Add salt, baking soda, and flour and mix well.  Stir in vanilla and oatmeal.


Spread dough in a greased jelly roll pan.


^^^ I eventually used my fingers. ^^^


Bake for 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and spread bars with additional peanut butter, about a cup.


While waiting for your bars to cool, combine chocolate frosting ingredients.


^^^ While mixing the frosting, P went and found her mixer.  It was too precious. ^^^


Cover bars with chocolate frosting, cut into bars and enjoy!




^^^ First time experiencing the coveted beaters. ^^^







 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

2 comments:

  1. I started to make these bars but the recipe doesn't call for flour and in the instructions it says add flour? :) how much flour?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, so sorry about that! Pregnancy brain! I added the flour to the recipe. 1 1/2 cups

      Delete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS