Friday, December 3

Turkey Time

This Thanksgiving was nothing less than wonderful!  I was beyond exhilarated when I found out my mom and brother were going to be able to make it out to see us and spend the weekend at our new house.  All of my homesickness immediately melted away as soon as I saw there faces.

Tyson was wonderful to take Tate around while my mom and I spent some quality time together.  The boys played in the Turkey Bowl, helped Tyson's dad put up their Christmas lights, went golfing at the Fort, and had a little fun shopping themselves.  My mom was able to teach me how to make the pies that I was dreading.  We also enjoyed ourselves while going around to all of our favorite stores while dreaming of all the things we would like to decorate our homes with.


My mother is beyond brilliant and made me this gorgeous center piece and table runner while she was here.  It is just what my house needed to add that Christmas touch it was missing.  Oh how I wish I knew how to sew.


We had a beautiful Thanksgiving dinner at Tyson's Aunt Karen's house.  Everything from the table settings to the food was perfect! My little brother got a sweet taste of heaven when Tyson's Uncle Bryant let him ride in his Dodge Viper.  I have never seen someone so excited!





Friday we were all able to go to the Fresno State Basketball Game and enjoyed some enormous ice cream cones while we were there.



Saturday morning I was able to take my mom to the Fresno Temple.  She was surprised how small it was but loved it none of the less.


Sunday they were able to come listen to me speak in church.  It was a huge blessing to have them there.  It defiantly helped calm my nerves.  I hated saying goodbye.  Goodbyes are never fun, but at least I know that my family is only a phone call away.

It was a great first Thanksgiving away from Utah.  I have so much to be grateful for and feel blessed to have this holiday season to reflect on all of the wonderful things this life has to offer.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving! How fun that some of your family got to come out too!! I bet they were so excited to see you! I might need to pie recipes, those look DELISH!!!!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS