Sunday, December 16

Firsts

My heart aches for the tragedy that has taken place in Connecticut.  So many lives shattered and broken.  I can't help but wonder what those parents and loved ones are going through right now.  It has made me realize just how lucky I am to have my sweet baby on earth with me.  I  have even come to cherish those late night feedings.  Any chance I can, I am holding her and looking into those sweet innocent eyes.  

I know she is only one month old, but it makes me kind of sad to think how fast she is growing.  She has been experiencing a lot of firsts lately.  It is so much fun being her mom and going through each moment with her.

She has become accustomed to her new elephant binky.


Her little neck is getting so strong.


She loves tummy time.


She even lets me dress her up and pretend I am a photographer on my phone.



She got to play baby Jesus at a Christmas party, red bow and all.


She smiles for me, when I talk to her.



She got to meet Santa for the first time.


She has now grown out of her newborn diapers...... tear.


She went to church for the first time today.

I experienced my first time using the mothers lounge....



I am loving every second of motherhood.  I have never been happier.  My heart is full, especially at this time of year.  I am so grateful for a loving Savior and the Atonement that can heal broken hearts.  Being Penelope's mom is the greatest gift I could ever ask for this Christmas season.  I pray for those who lost loved ones and may each of us hold our loved ones a little closer and cherish each moment we have with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS