Friday, September 20

Caramel 'N Chocolate Pecan Bars

My mom would have a pecan roll made every year, to place in my dad's Christmas stocking.  He would prefer caramel cake and pecan pie over all else.  For this reason, pecans will forever remind me of my dad.  I cannot bite into a pecan, without being filled with memories of my dad.  He was always gracious enough to share a few bites of his pecan roll or pecan pie with me.

Our friends dropped off a treat the other weekend and lo and behold it was pecan bars.  My heart skipped  a beat with gladness.  She warned me of its richness.  I say the richer the better.  Needless to say, Tyson and I inhaled the entire plate within minutes.  They have the perfect thick crust with all that pecan, caramel goodness and are topped off with non other than my favorite, chocolate!

Caramel 'N Chocolate Pecan Bars

Crust:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup pecan halves

Caramel Layer:
2/3 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Combine flour, butter and brown sugar.  Beat at medium speed until well mixed and particles are fine (2-3 minutes).


Press on bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.




Place pecans evenly, on unbaked crust.


Combine brown sugar and butter in a saucepan.  Cook over medium heat stirring constantly, until entire surface of mixture begins to boil.  Boil one minute, stirring constantly.


Pour evenly over crust.


Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until entire caramel layer is bubbly.  Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips.



Allow to melt slightly (2-3 minutes).  Swirl chips leaving some whole for a marble effect.


Allow to cool and cut into bars.



Hope you enjoy and have a fabulous weekend!  I am off to New York tomorrow!  
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

2 comments:

  1. Nessa!

    All I can say is YUM! These look absolutely delish and have Fall written all over them! :) thanks for sharing I'm definitely passing this recipe along.

    Jenna
    Demureindiamonds.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog. A fantastic read. I'll certainly be back. beach home decor wholesale

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS