Tuesday, March 4

15 Months

I have been MIA for quite sometime now and feel bad about the lack of documentation on Penelope's behalf.  This little ball of spunk is almost 16 months old now.  Each month just seems to fly by more quickly than the last.  We had her 15 month check up a couple weeks ago.  I hate watching her get pricked each checkup, but look forward to hearing how much she has sprouted over the past couple of months.  

15 Month Stats

Weight: 24 pounds, 5 oz
85%

Height: 30 7/8 inches
70%

Head: 18 1/2 inches
80%

She defiantly has the Parker genes going on.


Tyson and I couldn't believe how much she had grown.  She is at such a fun age right now.  She shows us her strong willed personality on a daily basis.  Her determination is evident in all that she does.  Her poor molars have been trying to break through and have caused quite an uproar in our house.  We are praying they break through any day now.  Penelope went to the dentist for the first time and did amazing.  I was a little apprehensive after working in the dental field and watching the reaction of the little ones, but much to my surprise, Penelope climbed right up into the chair and opened up big for the doc to look inside.  She loves going to the gym with me when I teach.  She has a fetish with washing her hands with hand sanitizer every time we leave the gym.  My very own little OCD girl in the making.  We have transitioned from two naps to one.  Thank heavens she stuck with two naps till I got through with my first trimester.  She still sleeps like champ and goes to bed at 7:00 PM on the dot.  Her favorite things to eat currently are strawberries, string cheese, Pirates Booty, Veggie Straws, carrots, green beans salmon and corn.  What can I say, she likes her veggies.  She surprisingly does not like ice cream and she despises meat for some reason.  She has got a texture thing going on.  She hadn't shown much interest in the tv until one day I decided to try Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, and it was love at first sight.  She dances and flaps her hands as fast as she can every time she hears the opening song.  If I don't have her show on she will pick up the remote and put it into my hands, until I put her show on for her.  The great outdoors is where this little girl thrives.  She insists on going for a walk each and every day.  My favorite thing she does as of late, is when I ask her where the baby is, she lifts up my shirt and kisses my belly.  It has to be one of the cutest things I have ever experienced.  She gives the best kisses ever, opened mouth, tongue out and all.  

These past few months have been rough on all of us, with me being pregnant, but Penelope has made each day worth getting up for.  She has more energy than I know what to do with, but I am so grateful for her health and strength.  I have to keep a constant eye on her for fear she will climb up the wall.  She keeps me on my toes and makes me a much more patient and loving person.  I feel like my heart could explode from the love this little girl has brought into my life.  She radiates happiness and makes me smile even when I am feeling lousy.  

I love you my sweet Penelope and love watching you mold into a beautiful little girl!
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS