Thursday, March 13

Ten Things

A blogger friend of mine wrote this post the other day and it really stuck out to me.  She was informed of a link up, where you are to write 10 things you LOVE about yourself.  Her post was inspiring and I thought why not give it a shot.  I have a really hard time picking out the good in myself, just ask my husband, mom or sister.  They are the closest to me and get bothered often with the negative comments that I say about myself.  It never really mattered to me, until I had Penelope.  I have had to become so much more aware of how I speak about myself.  I always want her to not only think, but know that she is beautiful inside and out.  I want to raise a confident daughter who radiates the goodness she has inside of herself.  So here's to working on a more positive me! 


^^^ Don't mind the random selfie I took to show my little brother my longer hair. ^^^

1. I love my hair.  I was blessed to get my dads voluptuous hair.  It has the same wave and color as his.  All of my hair dressers have commented on how much they enjoy doing my hair.  It has just the right amount of curl to give it that extra bounce.  

2. I am a good baker.  I credit this to my taste buds, which are rather strong.  Once I find a recipe I like, I have the ability to tweak it just so.  I have mastered the time allotment to bake my cookies, breads and cakes, so that they are perfectly moist. 

3. I am resilient.  I had a great childhood, but had my fair share of difficulties.  I grew up with an alcoholic father who passed away when I was in my early 20's.  If I get knocked down, I have the ability to pick myself right up and start where I left off.  I look at each trial as an opportunity to learn and grow, not as a set back, but a jolt forward.

4. I have a passion for dance and it shows as I teach Zumba class each week.  I get chills at times, when I look out into my class and see the progress certain individuals have made, since I started teaching them.  Many have told me their weight loss is because of me.  Many have also commented on how I inspire them through my dancing. 

5. I am a loyal friend.  One of the biggest things I look for when finding a friend, is how trustworthy they are.  I think that is because it is so important to me.  I have the ability to keep things in and not let them fester or feel like I have to tell someone else.  I may not always remember birthdays, but I am always there for my friends.

6. I am a good mom.  This has been one of the most important roles I have ever played.  It has been the most rewarding and amazing job.  I love my baby with every fiber of my being and get teary eyed just thinking about her and the one growing inside of me.  There is nothing and I mean nothing I would't do for my children.  Every day I make sure to kiss her, squeeze her and tell her how much I love her.  

7. If I set a goal, I always follow through.  My determination is what drives me forward.  I am always striving to improve myself and learn new things.  I tend to get carried away at times, but that's what makes me, me.  Whether it was deciding to ride my bike 206 miles in one day, making a million bows and thinking I wanted to sell them, starting a photography business or putting myself through college.  

8. I love my smile.  I was always bugged at photographers growing up, who would tell me not to smile.  I knew how ridiculous those pictures would end up looking.  I promise if I am not smiling, I tend to look a little mad.  It is one of the things that I get complimented on most and love that my daughter shares the same grin, but if you ask me, hers is cuter.

9.  I have a good eye for things, whether it be through my camera lens or picking out colors for rooms in my house.  I can find unique dresses and shoes and am not afraid to be different.  People sometimes question my ideas, but once they see them fully executed, they couldn't agree more.

10. I can learn most any song, after only hearing it a few times.  It doesn't matter the radio station or person playing DJ, I will know the words to the song they play.  Music speaks to my soul and that just may be why.  

Now it's your turn!  Send me a link of yours below in my comments.   I would LOVE to read what you LOVE about yourself.  It took me awhile, but I'm happy I did it.  
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

2 comments:

  1. K I LOVE this!!! So good to stop and (try) to think about some of our favorite things about ourselves as hard as it is! I know as women we are always so critical of ourselves! All of those things you wrote, even from the little I know about you are so true.. You truly are a beautiful person inside and out, and I can't tell you how happy I am that our paths have crossed! I look up to you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love reading your blog. You have a beautiful spirit! Even though we don't know each other too well, we are a lot alike :)

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS