Tuesday, January 13

Baking With My Babies

I am soaking up and inhaling every moment of this new year.  I can't explain how wonderful it has been to spend much needed quality time with my girls.  There have been no parties to attend and no photos to edit.  There has been a lot of time spent baking in the kitchen, reading books and snuggling on the couch.  I could get used to this slower pace of life.  I can honestly tell a difference in my relationship with P.  She has always been a mama's girl, but she has gotten even more attached.  Not in a bad way, but I think she's loving my undivided attention.  I get random tight squeezes on my legs and extra kisses.  I'm loving it all. 

On my latest trip to Target, I noticed that the Valentine's candy has hit the shelves.  Aside from Easter candy, Valentine's candy is my favorite.  I grabbed a few bags of Dove milk chocolate hearts and mustered up a plan to make cookies with the littles.  

P is obsessed with the apron my mama made her for Christmas and even more so with the one that she made for her Bitty Baby.  I couldn't wait to see them in action.
 ^^^ P also has a thing for her pj's lately.  If she's not naked she's in her footed jammies. ^^^
 ^^^ This little doll likes getting in on the action as well. ^^^
^^^ P loves licking all of the brown sugar out of the measuring cups.  She's just like her daddy in that way. ^^^
 ^^^ Her favorite part of making cookies is watching all of the ingredients combine and putting her hand on the mixer to make sure it doesn't lift up.  I think she has watched me bake a time or two before. ^^^
 ^^^ Testing out the dough is a necessity. ^^^
Here's the recipe for our favorite Valentine's cookies!

Peanut Butter Blossoms

1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg
2 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla

1 bag Dove heart chocolates or Hershey's kisses

Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Shape dough into balls.  Roll balls into sugar or colored sprinkles, until well coated.  Place on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees.  Immediately after pulling cookies out of the oven, press unwrapped Dove heart chocolates or Hershey's kisses onto each cookie.
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

7 comments:

  1. Baking cookies with you. ... one of my favorite memories! What lucky little girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some of my favorites as well. I still crave that sheet cheesecake we used to always make :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. first of all i adore your kitchen. and that cute little measuring spoon. and your babies are pretty sweet as well. ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The measuring spoon was a wedding gift that I hope to keep for years to come!

      Delete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS