Saturday, January 31

Lucy Five Months

Dear Lucy,

I can't ever seem to be able to come up with the words to adequately express the love that we have for you.  Our love deepens each and every day for you.  You seem to be getting cuter and cuter by the day. I have to grit my teeth to keep myself from munching all over you.  You have the roundest belly, cheeks, face, arms and thighs.  Your cheeks are so luscious, I wish I could count how many times I kiss them each day.  They are starting to turn rosy red and I think it's about the cutest thing in the world.  The hair right on the top of your head, seems to be the only hair that wants to grow.  It's the funniest thing.  I am loving the fact that I can clip bows into your hair now.  I wasn't able to do that with your sisters hair until just recently.  I think you prefer the bows to the headbands.  You have this once piece of hair on your head that is extremely long.  I stare at it every time I am feeding you.  I don't want to pull it out or cut it because I find it rather adorable.
I'm thinking four to five months is right when my babies figure out how to nurse.  Maybe it's me, maybe it's you girls.  I have come to love the moments in the day where I get to snuggle you close to me.  I especially look forward to the feeding right before I lay you down for the night.  It's just you and me and I can't seem to get enough of that sweet time with you.  Your chubby little fingers always find their way to my necklace.  I'm happy we both stuck out the nursing bit.  
Last night was the first night you slept all the way through.  Mama and dada were so ecstatic we didn't know what to do with ourselves.  You are such a dream baby.  It took three rough days and nights, but it was totally worth the work.  I actually enjoyed the time spent during the day trying to keep you awake, so that you would make it through the night.  I carried you in my arms for three days straight.  This is something I wouldn't have been able to do otherwise.  You fit so perfectly on my hip and are the cutest accessory a girl could ask for.
Today you discovered your toes.  I was waiting for that to happen.  It's so much fun watching you hold onto your squishy tiny feet.  You have most recently started grabbing onto things other than your mama's hair.  Right now your favorite toys are your bla bla rattles and hearing your Sophie the Giraffe squeak.  Penelope loves squeaking your toys for you.  You are calmed by the sound of the vacuum and running water.  You are the happiest propped up on the counter in your bumbo, while watching me do the dishes or sitting in your bouncer while I vacuum underneath your feet.  
You can't help but smile anytime someone talks to you.  Hearing your little giggle makes everyone else around you smile.  The relationship between you and your sister is really starting to form.  It has been so much fun to sit back and watch the two of you interact.  You have a built in best friend, who already has your back and is so protective of you.  
Each night when I kneel down to pray I thank Heavenly Father for you.  You are truly such a blessing.  I'm not quite sure what we did to get to have you in our family.  You are the brightness in our day and fill us with so much joy.  

Love, 
Mama & Papa
Currently wearing 3-6 and 6-9 month clothing.
Finishing up all of your size 2 diapers, but fit perfectly in size 3 diapers.
You eat 5 oz. at each feeding.
Currently taking 3 naps a day and sleeping 11 hours at night.
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Janessa she is so yummy! I love the rolls! I feel like she looks so much like you- even more than P!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS