Thursday, January 8

Ringing In The New Year

I cannot believe another year has come and gone.  I honestly haven't even gotten around to doing a 2014 round up.  I'm not sure if I even will...  That being said, I am taking this new year with a fresh approach.  I have decided to eliminate things that have been causing me unnecessary stress.  After all, I am the only one in control of how I feel.  This past year was nothing short of a whirlwind.  I don't even remember what all was encompassed into 2014.  I do however know that we were blessed with the sweetest little girl ever and we will leave that as the highlight of 2014.  

I have taken a lot of time to reflect and reevaluate the way I am living my life.  There are so many things that I know I could improve on or make better and what better way to start than a clean slate.  January 1st has welcomed goals that include less eating out, more home cooked meals.  Less social media and more one on one time with my family.  Less talking about myself negatively and more time spent in the gym.  Less Netflix and more reading.  Less wanting and more of being grateful for what I have.  I have high hopes to increase my spiritual growth, get ready more days than not, go on a date night at least once a month with my man, attend the temple once a month and most of all be more present in every aspect of my life.

  If you don't hear from me as often, it's because I have decided to be more hands on with my kiddos.  Last year left me feeling worried about getting a good picture and having something great to blog about that I missed out on some sweet moments with my little ones.  I want this blog to be what I intended it to be for and that was to document my families ups and downs and everything in between.  That may mean a lot more iPhone pics coming your way.  I am still a little or should I say very burnt out from editing.

Here is a little recap, as to what we have been up to....

We had such a fun holiday break having Tyson home.  We made sure to do fun activities as a family.  We decided to break out our annual zoo pass, that has sadly only been used once this past year.  We went with our friends Danny and Ali who were visiting from Utah and Ty's cousins Jake and Katie.  It was so fun to have all of our kids together.  We all knew each other prior to being married and haven't all been together since having our families.
Tyson has grown out his facial hair and can I say I am in LOVE.  I know he is not a huge fan, but it sure puts a smile on my face.  Will see how long it lasts.  In the mean time, enjoy the scruff.
Our New Years consisted of dinner at CPK, blowouts and Tyson and Curtis trying to rebuild our mamaroo.  They were determined to get that thing working again.  Their determination paid off and we have a working machine again.
I spent the night doing my mom's lashes and chatting with my friend Kim.  It has been two years since I have done lashes and I wanted to see if I still had it in me.  Our New Years may not sound that exciting, but I was with the people I love and that's all that mattered. 
My mom flew into town for a few days.  It was amazing having her here.  In the past every time she had come to visit we weren't really able to enjoy each others company as much as we hoped.  I was either having a baby, just had a baby, planning a party or blessing or stuck in the hospital with a sick baby.  This time we were actually able to have some good one on one time.  She was a huge help with the girls, which allowed me to clean and organize each of their closets, clean my fridge and pantry out and put away Christmas.  We took the girls swimming in a heated pool.  It was like basking in an enormous hot tub.  One of the nights Tyson let us have a girls night out.  It was so needed and a lot of fun.  We went to the mall and went shopping, got makeovers and shared a meal at Cheesecake factory.  We talked and talked the night away.
 ^^^ Miss Lucy in her first swimsuit. ^^^
 ^^^ She loved snuggling in mimi's arms.  She held her for three straight hours so Ty and I could go see a movie.  We went to Into The Woods (worst movie ever). ^^^
Poor Lucy has been sick for weeks now.  She can't seem to get rid of this cold, which has meant many sleepless nights for all of us.  I have started letting her sleep in my arms and that has helped some.  We finally invested in the NoseFrida.  That thing works miracles.  In theory it seems disgusting, but in all actuality it's amazing.  
P's two week vacation from dance has come to an end.  She was beyond excited when I told her it was time for dance again.  I have to hide her dance shoes and tutu's, otherwise she would live in them.  My heart bursts every dance class watching her pick up new things.  Yesterday's class was the first time she attacked some of her classmates.  P has a thing for scratching and pulling hair.  I have honestly tried everything to make her stop.  Nothing seems to work..... This parenting this is hard!  Good thing she's cute.
We found a new pediatrician that seems great.  Lucy had her 4 month check up and her stats confirmed she is surely a chunk.  15 lbs. and 23 1/2 inches tall.  She is 77% for weight and 20% for height.  She is short and stout.  I seem to make my babies that way.  She handled her shots a lot better than the last time.  That was a huge relief for me, seeing as I almost cry every time I see my babies in pain.
I hope to slow down and enjoy every moment this year.  There are many fun things ahead and I look forward to soaking each one into the fullest.
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

1 comment:

  1. you do eyelashes?? You are truly a renaissance woman! I'm so impressed! I loved this, I feel like being more present is a constant battle- blogs and social media are great but definitely a distraction...it's such a hard balance!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS