Sunday, March 1

Reservation Roadtrip

Tyson and I had been talking about going down to see my grandma Brown for quite sometime.  We weren't sure when we were going to be able to make it to the reservation, but knew we needed to make it happen.  My cousin let us know that my grandma was not doing very well and said it would be best to come as soon as possible.  We switched a few things around and were able to pull off a quick trip before heading out to Vegas and New Orleans.  I packed up the girls as quick as I could and we hit the road.  
It took us about 15 hours to get there.  You can only imagine the car ride.  Between the two girls it was very interesting.  We were able to have my sister and BIL come along for the fun.  If they were unsure of having kiddos before this trip, I think this one sealed the deal.  We survived on candy, stickers, chocolate, soda and of course cinnamon rolls.
Once we pulled into town, we knew the trip was completely worth it.  It had been too long since I had seen my Brown side of the family.  We woke up early Saturday morning and were excited to introduce my BIL Jordan to the flea market.  This would be his first time to the reservation.  We wanted to make sure he had the full experience.  
I loved being able to see my uncles and aunts.  It's always so good to be in their presence.  They are the warmest, kindest, loving people I know.  I always feel a little closer to my dad each time I go down to the reservation.  All of my uncles and aunts share his twinkling eyes and biggest hugs. 
^^^ P couldn't get enough of this rocking horse.  If we had room in our car, we might have thought to bring it home. ^^^
^^^ I was so excited to get my fixings of fry bread.  We also got the girls matching turquoise bracelets and Tyson found me the prettiest ring.  We also found some beautiful blankets to take home. ^^^

After the flea market, it was time to celebrate my grandma's 93rd birthday.  Kiersten and I went to my uncle Ken's house to decorate some cakes for the celebration.  Who knew decorating a cake could be so much fun.
When we first went into my grandmas bedroom to say hello, she wasn't very responsive.  I knew she knew we were there and that's all that mattered. 
Penelope enjoyed being surrounded by all of her cousins.  
^^^ I can't get over how much her and Bear look alike. ^^^
We perfecting our fry bread making skills and enjoyed the always so yummy Navajo taco's.  We laughed and cried and just enjoyed being surrounded by all of my family.
We sang happy birthday to my grandma and blew out her candles. 
I am so happy that both of my girls got to be there for this visit.  At the end of the night my grandma was so aware.  She told us she loved us and thanked us for coming.  It meant everything.  I am not sure if I will see her again in this life.  It was really hard saying good bye.  I was just so overwhelmed with gratitude that I got to be there, I tried not to think too much about that.  I have so many fun memories of my grandma.  Even Tyson has a few from his past visits with me.  It was wonderful being able to celebrate her life.

The timing of the trip couldn't have been more perfect.  My uncle told us he had been married and baptized into the church and that Sunday he was going to be ordained a priest.  He asked if Tyson would be able to ordain him.  We got everything approved and were able to be there for my uncles ordination.  It was such a neat experience.  Seeing the joy that my uncle and his wife have found in the gospel was amazing.  My uncle Ken's entire countenance has changed.  It was inspiring.  I look forward to their sealing in a couple of months.  I hope we can make it to witness that as well.

Everything about the trip couldn't have been better.  I know the Lords hand made it all possible.  I love my family so much and am so grateful for the knowledge we have that we can all be together forever. 
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment