Tuesday, February 19

A Much Needed Break

This past weekend we took a trip down south, to Newport and San Clemente.  

Penelope has become quite the traveler these days.  Thank heavens she is a gem in the car and doesn't mind being in her car seat one bit.  I have become the pro at pumping and feeding along the way.  Oh the joys of breastfeeding.

I love that my sister Kiersten only lives five hours away from me.  It sure has helped my homesickness to know that she is in the same state as me.


She lives in San Clemente, where my brother in law Jordan is based for the military.  I am so jealous of their living situation.  It is so gorgeous where the live.  I couldn't get over the view from their apartment.  Each morning we woke up and took the pups on a walk.  It was so good for my soul.  The weather was perfect and the scenery was just what I needed.  

One of the mornings we took a walk down to the grocery store and on our way back we stopped at a doughnut shop.  It was torture pushing the stroller up the hill, back to her house, with the aroma of doughnuts taunting me.  Kiersten made us the best fruit smoothies every morning.  I am now addicted and crave them all the time.



Since we were out in the sunshine so much, I wanted to find P her very own pair of sunglasses.  I about died when my sister found this pair.   I also had a bit of fun shopping myself.  I have no dresses that fit me so off to Anthro it was.  I found an amazing dress and am so thankful that Tyson let me get it, with no complaints.





We were able to watch our good friends Shaun and Brooke Tucker get sealed for time and all eternity in the Newport Temple.  It was such a tender and amazing day.  I am beyond thrilled and happy for them and their little family.  The temple was so beautiful inside.




Gotta love the smooches that leave Tyson with dashing red lips.


After the sealing we made a quick stop at Sprinkles Cupcakes.  

Oh these cupcakes..........

We got red velvet, salted caramel, vanilla, and coconut.

They did not disappoint!


We then went to the most delicious Italian restaurant to celebrate the sealing of Shaun and Brooke.  The restaurant was called Maggianos.  The parmesan chicken was my favorite.  I hope to go back in August.


Monday morning we went to our favorite breakfast shop in San Clemente.  We sat on the patio and enjoyed the fresh air.  I love going out to breakfast, it is a rare occasion in our household.  


We also went to my favorite dog bakery and store.  We picked out Gigi some cookies for a late birthday present.  I can't believe our puppy is already two years old.


Another highlight of the trip was taking the pups on a walk along the trail at the beach.  It was a gorgeous day.  We saw a couple of doodles along the way and had to say hello.  They really are my favorite breed of dog.



I loved taking Penelope on the beach for the first time, although she slept almost the entire time.


I did not want to leave.  Spending quality time with my sister was so great.  We stayed up watching Parenthood, eating licorice, making cookies, painting our nails, and talking every night.  I sure love Jordan and Kiersten and am grateful I not only have them as family but have them as friends.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a fun trip!!!!! We are headed that way in a couple weeks and I can't wait to get in the sunshine:) I might have to stop at all those yummy places you mentioned!!!!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS