Wednesday, June 17

Dreams Really Do Come True

So the BIG 3-0 is just around the corner and my sweet SWEET husband bought me a bike, as an early birthday gift!  I can't tell you how much this gift meant to me.  

Before meeting Tyson my life revolved around cycling.  It sort of defined me.  I feel a part of me came alive the second I got on the bike.  There was just something about the sound of the wheels spinning and the clicking of the gears.  The beauty of the earth that I experienced and the life lessons I learned, was something I lived for.  In an attempt to pay off a credit card before I got married, I sold my bike. It was one of the hardest days of my life.  I shed more than a few tears.  

Now some may think it's crazy to cry over a bike, but it wasn't even about the bike.  It was the experiences, memories and new passion that I felt I was leaving behind.  It was like having a sliver of my heart sliced out.  I was more than happy to do it for my future but had a little ache in my heart that never went away.  I didn't know how long or if I would ever get a bike again.  
Five years later and my dreams came true!  I can't even tell you how excited I was to even step into a bike shop again.  It was a bit painful in the past.  I have to thank my friend Angie for giving me that nudge to hop back on the bike.  With her encouragement I got my bike!!!!
Every Saturday since I have gotten my bike, I have been out on the road with my friends.  If you have seen the influx in cycling pics, you now know why.  It has been beyond amazing.  I have an extra pep in my step and have even had a hard time falling or even staying asleep every Friday night before our Saturday rides.  
I just registered for a century in September and plan on doing another one with my friends in October.  I seriously can't wait. While I was back in Utah a few weeks ago, I was able to ride with my good friends Megan and Jessie.  It was seriously like nothing ever changed... other than forgetting how steep the climbs are in Utah and how out of shape I was.
 I look forward to the new memories that will be made on my bike and the friendships that will develop.
And probably the best news of all, is that Tyson is going to take out a demo bike on Saturday and go on a ride with me.  I seriously can't emphasize the excitement I have.  Life is good!
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS