Friday, June 26

Penelope's First Dance Recital

Sweet P had her very first dance recital on Monday.  You better believe we were all so excited in anticipation for her big debut.  We even flew my mom out here for the performance.  P has been in dance since last November and has begged to go every day since her first class.  It has been so much fun taking her every week and watching her progress.  She is a natural and I can't wait to see where dance takes her.  

Talking with the other mama's and having the camaraderie has been super nice and was much needed.  I got to know a couple of them really well.  We giggled together as we watched our girls twirl, kick, jump and play ring around the rosie.  The song "Let It Go," will forever be embedded into my mind with the image of my little P twirling around the dance room, waving her scarves around, trying to sing at the top of her lungs.  I got emotional  each time I watched her live in the moment.  I am learning a lot from this one.
 When her dance teacher told us that she would like the girls hair half up half down and in ringlets, I couldn't help but laugh.  P has only a few strands of hair and I figured we were lucky enough to have enough hair to clip the bow into.  At the start of the year I was worried we were going to have to attach it to a headband.  Luckily my friend let me borrow her tiny curling iron and told me it would work.  Cara came over and worked her magic on P's hair.  It looked so cute, I about died.  I never imaged her wispy hair in ringlets.  She was so excited that she was going to be able to wear makeup.  She held still perfectly and looked like a real beauty!  Her lashes go for days.  I have no clue where they came from.  Neither Tyson or myself have long lashes.  
 ^^^ Her smile says it all. ^^^
 The dress rehearsal went well and got us all even more excited for her performance.  I wasn't sure how she would react to the bright lights and not being able to see me in the audience.  I tried prepping her as much as I knew how and told her that I would yell really loud for her, "GO PENELOPE."  She smiled when I told her that.
 Daddy brought home a bouquet of flowers for his tiny dancer and we headed out for the big show.
Just as I was about to leave her with her classmates and teacher, I could tell she was a little unsure.  I asked her if she wanted to say a little prayer to help her not be so nervous.  She instantly folder her arms and bowed her head.  I almost started crying right then and there.  We said a quick prayer and I know that helped calm her nerves.  It was a sweet moment I never want to forget.  I went and sat in my seat and had butterflies in my stomach the entire time before she got onto stage.  I had waited for this moment my whole life.  Having my baby dance on a stage was something I could only dream about.  

As soon as I saw her shuffle onto stage I screamed yelled her name as loud as I could.  The lights turned on and it was dead silent.  In the cutest voice ever P yelled out, "Mama Dada."  It was precious. She did such a great job and I couldn't have been more proud.  I am so happy my mom could be there and for the rest of our family and friends that came to support her.  It made her night!  I am already looking forward to next years recital.
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS