Tuesday, October 18

Diamond Head

Our first morning in Hawaii was one to remember.  The girls woke up at 4:00 am and we knew there was no chance they were going to go back down.  We decided to make lemonade out of lemons and find the perfect spot to watch the sun rise.  Tyson asked our concierge where would be a good spot and he suggested Diamond Head.  We were told it was just a short hike up 90 stairs.  Knowing we would be carrying the girls the entire way, it didn't sound all that bad, so we decided to go for it. 

As we started the hike it was pitch black and slowly the sun started seeping through.  We quickly realized this was not going to be a quick hike, but figured we were here, so why not.  I was sweating up a storm, but was surprised how the elevation, made a huge difference.  I think all of the HIGH Fitness was starting to pay off as well.  We were racing against the sun and tried the best we could to make it to the top in time, to watch the sun rise.
^^^ I couldn't help but stop and take in all the views. ^^^
^^^ All of the people looked like ants to me.  I didn't know how we were going to make it to the top. ^^^
^^^ And then I saw these stairs and about fell over. ^^^

After the steep climb, we made it to the top of the most breathtaking view.  
^^^ The reward is always worth it. ^^^
^^^ I think Lucy was mesmerized, just as much as the rest of us. ^^^
^^^ I am obsessed with lighthouses and this one did not disappoint   The girls thought this was Anna and Elsa's house. ^^^
^^^ Excuse my sweat marks.... I was dying. ^^^
^^^ These two together. ^^^
^^^ Lucy fell asleep on the way down.  Melting my heart. ^^^

We were a sweaty mess but had a blast.  This one will definitely be one for the books.  We loved having the day ahead of us and felt pretty accomplished. 
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS