Saturday, September 11

Memories

One year ago today I was participating in the longest one-day USCF-sanctioned bicycle race in the country, also known as LOTOJA. It is a 206 mile bike race that begins in Logan, Utah and ends in Jackson Hole Wyoming. I had no idea what I had gotten myself into when I signed up for the race. I hadn't even owned my bike for more than a year. Me and my friends decided we would all do it together. It was one of the best decisions I have made. I spent many months, weekends, days, and hours on my bike training. I couldn't have done it without the help of my friends. Jessie, Megan, and Abbey were my strength. Our day began at 4:45 am and ended somewhere around 9:00 pm. The best part was having the support of so many loved ones. I gained my strength from seeing my mom and brother drive by yelling my name.



It is a little like life. We can't get through it alone. There were many ups and downs throughout the day. At moments I wanted to give up, but I knew it would be worth it when we crossed the finish line. We rode through some of the most gorgeous mountains I have ever seen.



This guy cracked me up.






Crossing that finish line made all the pain worth it.



I hope to ride this race again. This experience made me a better stronger person.

2 comments:

  1. i know what you mean about how these things are so hard but make you stronger. i am not good at riding bikes, and never plan on doing one of these races. So i look up to you for doing it! good job!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS