Wednesday, April 10

Conference Weekend

This past weekend we traveled to San Clemente, so that I could be re-certified to teach ZUMBA.  I was a little nervous to ZUMBA for eight hours straight.  It turned out be awesome.  My muscles were killing, but all the pain was worth it.  The certification got me motivated to start teaching again.  I look forward to sharing all the new moves I learned with my class. Eliza Stone was my instructor and I have to say she was incredible.  



After my ZUMBA certification I came home and crashed.  The next morning was General Conference.  I was looking forward to hearing the words of our prophet and his apostles.  After the morning session we headed out to Fashion Island.  It happens to be my favorite mall.  They have Pinkberry, Macaroons, and Nordstroms.  Macaroons are expensive, but they are worth every penny.  My favorite flavors are salted caramel, almond wedding cake, and coconut. 


I'm pretty sure I put back on every calorie that I had burned off the day prior.  What I would give for Fresno to get a Pinkberry.


Later that night Kiersten took us to Pizza Port for dinner.  Their brewed root beer was amazing, as well as the breadsticks and pizza.  I really enjoy going to new restaurants and trying new things.



Afterwards we met up with my cousin Heather and her husband in Laguna.  Kiersten showed us this fantastic gelato shop.  Yes, I realize I had Pinkberry and gelato all in one day.  It is a good thing I don't live down South.


Sunday morning we watched more of General Conference.  It is tradition in my family to have German Pancakes on Sunday morning.  Tyson and I also like to make Ebelskivers.  It was relaxing to sit back and be uplifted and edified.  


Penelope was an angel throughout both sessions.  Aren't the speakers voices so calming?!?!




German Pancakes

1 cup flour
1 cup milk
6 eggs
dash of salt
1 square of butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees


Melt butter in a 9x13 pan in oven while it is preheating.


While butter is melting and oven is preheating, whisk together flour, milk, eggs and dash of salt.



Mix together until smooth.


Once butter has preheated pull it out of the oven.



Pour mixture into pan. 
(butter will rise to the top)



Bake in oven for 20 minutes and serve immediately. 

Top with maple syrup, powdered sugar, and strawberries.


Maple Syrup

4 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 cups water
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. maple flavoring


Combine sugars and water into pot.



Boil gently for 10 minutes.



Remove from heat and let cool.



Once syrup has cooled add vanilla and maple syrup.


Ebelskivers

1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
2 Tblsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. cardamom
dash of cinnamon
1 cup milk
1 egg 
6 Tbls. melted butter.


You can find an Ebelskiever pan from Williams Sonoma and the cardamom from Whole Foods.

Sift flour with dry ingredients (whisking is good as well).  Combine egg, milk, and butter.  



Combine wet and dry ingredients together until blended and smooth.



Heat pan over medium heat until water sprinkled on pan sizzles.  Brush each cup lightly with melted butter.  Fill each hole with batter.




Turn after 30 seconds, continuing until it turns into a ball. 







I fill them with butter, jam and powdered sugar.


There is nothing like seeing your man in the kitchen.  

After stuffing ourselves full of a delicious breakfast we found ourselves on the couch again.  My sister and I painted our nails and finished watching Conference.



These gorgeous wild flowers are right outside of my sisters house.  GiGi enjoys going to visit my sister as much as we do.


I look forward to the next Conference weekend.  I hope to apply the principles I learned this past weekend into my daily life.  I am grateful for a living prophet today, who leads and guides us in all that we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS