Wednesday, April 3

What's For Dinner

Since becoming a stay at home mama, I have also been trying to tackle the task as a domesticated wifey.  Prior to having Penelope, I could count on my hands, how many times I had made a home cooked meal.  It was easier to go out to eat and much quicker.  I promised Tyson if I was able to stay home I would cook more often.  Don't get me wrong, I baked almost every weekend.  I just couldn't seem to bring myself to cook.  I still struggle at times, but having a great recipe sure makes the task easier.  Planning out my menu on the weekends has also helped tremendously.

My sister introduced me to these Fajitas.  She told me how easy they were, yet delicious.  Fajitas are my favorite meal on the menu at any Mexican restaurant.  I figured why not learn how to make them at home.

Fajitas

8 boneless, skinless chicken breast
(I use 12 chicken tenders from COSTCO)
1/2 cup lemon or lime juice (I use a lemon juice and squeeze a lime in for an extra kick)
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 large onion
2-3 large peppers
2 Tbl. butter

Defrost chicken and slice into strips.


Pour lemon juice over chicken.  Sprinkle garlic salt and pepper over chicken.  Cover and put into the fridge for at least two hours.


Slice onion into thin rings.


Cut peppers into stripes. 


Combine peppers, onions, and butter into frying pan and saute over medium heat.


Get yourself a cute, squishy cooking partner.



Remove veggies from the heat.


Pour marinated chicken blend into frying pan.  


Cook over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink.


Combine veggies back into frying pan with cooked chicken.  Let mixture continue to cook over medium heat until heated through.


I buy my tortillas from COSTCO in the freezer section.  


Add sour cream, cheese, and guacamole to tortilla.


Combine with fajita mix and enjoy!


This is my favorite meal to cook when we are having company over.  I am having fun trying out new things and making smiles around the dinner table.

1 comment:

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS