Sunday, May 12

My First Mother's Day

Today is such a special day for me.  This is my first Mother's Day.  I have such a deeper appreciation for my mom today.  Over the past six months I have experienced a taste of the amount of love she has for her kids.  I now know what she has been talking about all these years.  How she wishes she could take our hurts or pains for us or how she would sacrifice everything so we never had to go without.  I know now how important it is try to be the best version of myself because I have a sweet baby watching my every move.  I am everything I am today because of my mom.    



Since I can remember I was obsessed with baby dolls.  I had the biggest collection.  I would save all of my allowance, so I could buy the next Cabbage Patch Doll.  I'm pretty sure I played with my dolls even when it was considered childish.  I dreamed about being a mother.  It was all I wanted to be.  I think I had such a hard time working because deep down I knew all I wanted was to be a mom.  When I found out I was pregnant I was beyond elated.  My dreams were finally coming true.


The second Penelope was put into my arms, my heart almost burst.  I felt this overwhelming feeling of love for this little human.  She was so warm and sweet and perfect in every way.  I couldn't believe I got chosen to be her mom.  Me!  I remember not being able to stop kissing her and wanting to never let her go.  


This was one of the BEST days of life!  Everything I went through during my pregnancy was worth it.  


Over a weeks time my mom taught me everything she knew about taking care of a newborn.  She made it look so easy.  She is the best grandma and mother anyone could ask for.


Being a mom is amazing!  There is nothing I would rather be.  Penelope has helped me grow so much.  She has helped my faith increase, made my prayers more meaningful, and taught me what true love means.  There is nothing I wouldn't do for my sweet little girl.  


When I look into her eyes, I see a part of me.  I can only hope to be able to teach her all my mom has taught me.  I wouldn't trade sleepless nights or my extra pounds for anything.  Motherhood is a dream come true and even better than I could have imagined.


I am grateful for my mother-in-law and what an example she is to me.  She is always out serving others and is such a great help to me.  She is the best party planner around.  If I need anything, I can count on her for help.  She is so giving and generous to our little family.  I have a lot to learn from her.


I love this quote by Neil A. Anderson, "Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling.  It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in.  It is what God gave you time for."

I hope all of you Mother's out there have the most perfect day!
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS