Wednesday, October 23

Trader Joe's Favorites

When I first moved to Fresno, I would hear people talking about this so called place called Trader Joe's.  I easily got it confused with a restaurant named Tahoe Joe's.  I thought they were the same thing.  Tyson informed me that Trader Joe's was actually a grocery store.  Being from Utah, I had never heard of such a place.  

I decided to venture out one day and make my way to TJ's.  Upon arriving I had no idea what to expect.  I was pleasantly surprised to be greeted with baby Christmas Tree's as I walked through the front doors.  The smell of cinnamon filled the air.  I later found out, it was their cinnamon broomstick.  I could immediately tell that this was going to be a place I frequented often.  

Grocery shopping for me has become something I look forward to on a weekly basis.  Penelope is as much a fan as I am.  The workers always go above and beyond to help me find what I am looking for.  They have even opened up boxes, in order for me to try something.  Everything in their store is delicious and well proportioned.  The prices of their flowers are unreal and don't even get me started on their selection of holiday goodies.  I made my weekly Trader Joe's trip and decided to share with you some of my favorites. 

Their reusable bags are fantastic for carrying groceries.  I always use ours on road trips.   


The Cinnamon Apple Sticks are a tasty snack.  Penelope loves to mash these between her six tiny teeth.


Their Fruit Sauce Crushers are the perfect size to throw in my diaper bag.  When P is in need of a snack, I quickly give her one of these and she is happy as a clam.  Also, their Macaroni and Cheese is a quick, but delcious lunch.


The cream yogurts are outstanding.  Penelope can down an entire one in 10 seconds flat.


When looking for healthy snack choices, I discovered the Veggie Sticks.  They are tasty but are much healthier than a regular potatoe chip.  I pour a handful of these on P's highchair and she is content for days.  Their Honey Wheat Pretzel Sticks are the perfect size to dip into a jar of peanut butter.  Tyson can't get enough of these.  Their White Cheddar Corn Puffs are similar to Pirate's Booty and if you ask me, they are that much better. 


The Vanilla Almond Granola is unreal.  I can eat it plain, with milk, or in my yogurt.  I can go through a box of this in just a few days. 


They carry fresh Pizza Dough.  It tastes homemade and gives you the feeling of accomplishment, without all the work.  Their Cornbread is hands down my favorite mix I have ever tried.  Throw some butter and honey on it and your tummy will thank you.


I discovered their Coconut Body Butter, when I was pregnant.  I used this morning and night and swear it is the reason I didn't get stretch marks.


Let's talk about Trader Joe's sweets isle.  Their Maple Leaf Cookies are dreamy.  The cream filling is oh so divine.  The Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies reminds me of the Holiday's.  Tyson and I ate through the entire box without any hesitation.  If you haven't tried a Pepermint Joe Joe, then you haven't lived.  I stock up on these every December.  There chocolate and  salted caramel selection are also scrumptious, not to mention their Pumpkin Ice Cream, that comes out every October.  It is oh so creamy.


I love love love their cheese selection.  The Quattro Formaggio is ridiculous.  Throw some of it on a tortillia and you my friend, will have yourself one tasty quesidilla.  Their Light String Cheese has the perfect texture and amount of saltiness.


GiGi loves their Natural Dog Treats.  Right now they have pumpkin flavor.  GiGi's tail starts wagging before I even get a chance to open the box.


The Almond butter makes for a killer PB&J.  I love to dip carrots into their Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.


I have been on a Brussel Sprout kick lately.  I love the selection and variety of brussel sprouts they offer.


I could munch on their Edamame all day long.  Tyson and I love to have their Chicken Pot Stickers and fried rice for dinner.


They have precooked brown rice that is an easy side for any meal.  Some of my other favorites are the frozen Steel Cut Oats.  You heat them up in the microwave and viola, you have a perfect breakfast.


I hope this helps those of you that are TJ virgins.  I would love for you to share some of your favorites.
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

13 comments:

  1. Love love love their pumpkin bread and pumpkin waffle mix. So tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband served his mission in Fresno, 7 years ago! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was fun to read ... I'm always looking for new things to try. I love the frozen garlic naan and jarred masala--add some cooked chicken and steam some basmati rice (oh, and a veggie) and dinner's ready! Even a couple of my kids like that. We also buy the big container of vanilla yogurt and we like the pecan praline granola (in a bag, not a box). SO good. I'm completely addicted to the chocolate covered sunflower seeds. The nuts are well-priced too. Oh, and don't forget the bruschetta and a baguette. MMMM. I think I need to make a quick trip to TJ's now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing your favorites! I will defiantly have to give those a try. That granola sound amazing!

      Delete
  4. Yes, it's always good to hear about new things to try there. I pretty much go for the crunchy cookie butter, I'll be honest. I've also heard their frozen orange chicken is to die for, but I've never tried it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard the same! I don't know why I have never tried it.

      Delete
  5. I loved catching up on your blog the other day, but for some reason my phone wouldn't let me leave any comments!!! Anyways, looks like you have had such a FUN month, I am totally jealous!!!
    By the way I still haven't made it down to the Trader Joes here, I always go when I'm in Nashville but now I need to take advantage of having one sooo close!!! So thanks for all the yummy looking tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny thing, this post made me crave a TJ's trip, so I went on Friday (with all four kids which was a nightmare) but anyway ... I bought about 70% of what you listed on your blog and I'm loving it! I made the yummiest spaghetti squash back with that quattro formaggio and it was TO DIE FOR. Thanks for the tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Er, that is "Spaghetti Squash BAKE"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow i can say that this is another great article as expected of this blog.Bookmarked this site.. iq option login

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read your blog frequently and I just thought I’d say keep up the amazing work! iq option entrar

    ReplyDelete
  10. magnificent points altogether, you just gained a brand new reader. What would you suggest about your post that you made a few days ago? Any positive?wholesale wall art australia

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS