Thursday, September 24

A B C D E F G.....

I have mentioned briefly a couple of times that P is currently in speech, so I thought I would go into a little more detail for journaling sake.  I always knew P was a little delayed in speech but was told by my pediatrician to not worry about it.  My mom kept urging me to have her checked.  As time kept ticking on and I didn't see much progression in P's speech, I decided to take my mama's word and have P evaluated, but not before switching pediatricians.  As soon as we got her into her new/old pediatrician, she immediately had her sent out for testing.  P excelled on the developmental aspect of the testing, but only had a 21 month old vocabulary, which led to her qualifying for speech.  I was so relieved.  I know they were pretty strict on who they accept.  It didn't take her long to get enrolled and it's been history ever since.  

She has been begging to go to school and this was her chance.  It's like her very own mini preschool that is paid for through the state.  The teachers and speech therapists are so wonderful.  P goes for a couple of hours two times and week.  I love it because I get to be with her the entire time.  During her class time there is always an art activity, singing time, snack time and play time.  She has so much fun and I love being able to witness her grasp new and exciting things.

Her speech is once a week for thirty minutes and then we are sent home with some home work.  I have started to notice a huge difference and she's only been going for a couple of weeks.  I knew as soon as she had the correct tools, she would excel immediately.  She still has a ways to go, but knowing she doesn't mind going, makes all the difference.
She was sooooo thrilled to finally be able to use her JJ Cole Backpack.  She has been stuffing it with anything that will fit.  I've found snacks, stuffed animals, crayons, blankets and swim suits inside on various occasions.  Seeing her with a backpack on just makes her appear so much older.  Where is my baby girl going?!?!  Thankfully she doesn't really start preschool till next year.  I'm going to hang onto her as long as I can. 

^^^ Oh and don't worry, that little top knot that you are seeing, is missing half of it's thickness now.  P decided to take scissors to it last night!!!!!!  And let's be honest, she hardly had any hair as it was.  ^^^
 ^^^ Can you tell she's slightly excited about going to school. ^^^
 I have loved having some art projects to hang on our fridge.  It's been a slight dream of mine since I was a little girl, to display all my kiddos artwork.  I'm going to be one of those moms that have the hardest time getting rid of any of their kids school projects.  I need to figure out a good way to store them all. 
 She couldn't wait to get home to show her daddy.
^^^ She's slightly obsessed with her binoculars she made to take to the zoo. ^^^
And some more pics if you have made it thus far of P with her speech therapist.  We LOVE her and can't say enough good things about her.  
^^^ We've got a mini photographer on our hands.  You should see the selfie section on my phone. ^^^
I can't wait to see the progression with P's speech.  We are so proud of her and love her ever growing vocabulary, even if it involves the "s" word.  Yikes!  You've gotta love the things little ones pick up on in public.  Thanks lady at the Apple store.  I couldn't help but laugh the first time she said it or five times after!  I'm a terrible discipliner.  I may have even laughed when she cut her hair off!  I'm a real winner. 
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS