Monday, October 19

Homemade Playdough Recipe

This time of year is crazy busy for me.  If I am not out shooting pics, I am at home editing them.  In doing so, my little family gets a little deprived of some mama time.  I try my best to only edit when the girls are napping, but sometimes that doesn't always work out.  I always aim to do some sort of special activity in the afternoon, to make up for lost time.  My kiddos love language seems to be quality time, just like their mama's.  Knowing that, I make sure to wedge out some quality time for P and Lucy.

Penelope loves playdough and I have been meaning to whip up some homemade goodness for her for quite some time now.  Today happened to be the day!  Thank you Pinterest for helping a mama out.  This recipe is super and easy and luckily I had everything I needed in the cupboard.  Heaven forbidden I didn't, because the first thing P wanted to do when she woke up, was make blue playdough.

I always remember making salt dough playdough when I was younger and it always left my hands dry and crusty.  I love that this dough is super soft and easy to work with.  It rolled out perfectly and stores really well.  If you are looking for something to do with your little ones, you have come to the right place.

Homemade Playdough
1 cup water
1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
2 teaspoon cream of tarter
1 tablespoon 
food coloring

Combine all ingredients, turn heat to medium and stir constantly until dough forms into a ball.  Dump onto counter and wait until it cools.  You can store it in an air tight container and reuse for many hours of fun.  I made the recipe three different times so that P could have three different colors.  I ran out of cream of tarter or would have made many more.
 P dumped all the ingredients into the pot and I mixed them up while cooking them on the stove.
^^^ Daddy painted her nails on Sunday and I think they are just about the cutest things ever. ^^^
 ^^^ I couldn't find P's little rolling pin, so she improvised with her forearm. ^^^
^^^ Lucy girl wanted in on the fun. ^^^
 ^^^ That profile. ^^^
Now off to watch Dancing With The Stars and enjoy some Reese's pumpkins!
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS