Wednesday, October 28

The BEST Sugar Cookies EVER

Three times a year, I roll up my sleeves and make grandma Betty's amazing sugar cookies.  They are definitely a labor of love.  Having little ones to join me in the kitchen makes the process so much more fun!  I had my friend Kileann over with her adorable little guy, to show them the ropes.  If there is one thing I am confident in my skills, it's that of sugar cookie making.  I make them thick and soft with just the right amount of frosting.  P has taken a liking to the process and now looks forward to each holiday that much more.

I know I have shared this recipe before, but wanted to make sure if you haven't tried them already, to give them a shot.  I promise you won't be disappointed.  The trick is having your butter room temperature and lots of vanilla!

THE BEST SUGAR COOKIE EVER

Mix: 3/4 cup butter, 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1 tsp. vanilla
Add: 2 1/2 cup flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. salt
Wrap the dough in tinfoil and let sit in the fridge over night


Sprinkle counter with flour, roll out cookies
Bake at 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes

* I always double the recipe.

Buttercream Frosting
(on the back of C&H Pure Can Sugar box)
1 box powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 stick of butter (softened)
food coloring of your choice

Beat with a mixer and enjoy!

^^^ Eating the candy and sprinkles is way more fun than frosting them. ^^^
^^^ Lucy girl wanting in on the action. ^^^
^^^ Daddy came home just in the nick of time. ^^^
^^^ P made a plate of cookies to take to grandma.  She was so proud of herself. ^^^
Lucy was covered in frosting and sprinkles.  It was the perfect afternoon activity and help us get in the Halloween spirit..... if that's a thing!
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

3 comments:

  1. I’m happy to find this page. I want to thank you for ones’ time for this mostly whimsical read!! I absolutely really liked every part of it and I also have you kept to fav to look at fresh information in your site.
    custom cookies boxes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I was able to read an article on this topic without being bored. Thanks for keeping my interest and attention. Custom Cookie Boxes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Subsequently, the purified juice is concentrated and crystallized to obtain raw sugar. keto acv gummies

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS