Wednesday, October 7

Mini Apple Pies and Play Dates

I recently enrolled P in a cooking class at Young Chefs Academy.  She has loved being in the kitchen since I can remember.  It all started with her little apron that my mom made her.  My friend Shayna actually owns the academy and is the best instructor ever.  I feel like P is getting the royal treatment while we are there.  We went for her first mommy and me cooking class this past Friday and had so much fun.  It is now one of the highlights to my month.  There is nothing like being in the kitchen with the best helper ever.

Friday we made the cutest mini hand pies ever.  P kept calling them baby apple pies and has been sharing the recipe with all of her friends.  We had my friend Jess and her amazingly darling girls over for a play date.  P could hardly contain her excitement until they arrived.

This is a simple but tasty recipe.  It's so easy and even the tiniest of hands can help.  And let's be honest, anything that's mini size is so much cuter!

Mini Apple Hand Pies
1 box of Pillsbury Pie Crust
1 green apple
1 red apple
sugar
cinnamon

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
In the middle of taking these pictures, P out of no where ran right towards me and gave me the biggest hug on my leg.  I seriously live for these tender moments.
1.  Cut your apples into bitty slices.  You can give your little helper a plastic butter knife and you would be surprised at how well it gets the job done, all while protecting those precious fingers. 
 2.  Place tiny apple bits into a dish.
 3.  Place a heaping teaspoon of sugar into your apples.
 3.  Add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon to the sugar and apples.
 4.  Use knife to mix sugar and cinnamon together.
 5.  Cut out circles from the crust.  I used a cup that we had in our cabinet.  Really any cup works great.
 6.  Spoon apple mixture onto the middle of the crust. 
 7.  Fold in half and use a fork to seal the hand pies. 
8.  Place adorable pies on a cookie sheet lined with tin foil.  Watch pies closely until brown on the edges.
 9.  Enjoy!!! They are seriously amazing and you won't be able to stop popping them.  Promise!!!!  Add some vanilla ice cream and BAM it's magic in your mouth.
I've decided play dates are the best for all parties involved.  I hope you enjoy these hand pies as much as we did!  
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

1 comment:

  1. So sweet!! That photo of the girls feet. Uggghhh. I'm done for. I'm so beyond happy I have a daughter.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS