Monday, December 14

The Reason For The Season

Our entire house has been hit with a bug, a real mean one at that.  We have all been dropping like flies over here.  Thankfully we have lots of help from Tyson's parents.  They are truly a dream come true.  I've decided there should be some unwritten rule that mama's shouldn't be allowed to get sick, especially when their babies are sick.  Talk about horrible!  Luckily mine only lasted a day and the girls seem to be on the up and up.  Now it's just poor Tyson sick in bed.  Sheesh, luckily it's the week before Christmas and not the week of.  

Anyways enough of the yucky stuff and onto the good stuff.  As my girls start to get older and their realization of Christmas starts coming to a head, Tyson and I have really tried to share with them the true meaning of Christmas.  We of course don't forget about Santa, but especially want to make sure they realize why we celebrate Christmas. 

P has taken a real liking to our nativity scene.  It's rather adorable.  Each day I find the wise men, shepherds, Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus in totally different locations than they were the day prior.  I love listening to P talk to each character and seeing the way she lines them up so perfectly in a row.  I had to sneak my camera out and snap some pictures.
^^^ She is so in love with baby Jesus. ^^^
 ^^^ She's slightly OCD like her mother. ^^^
^^^ Also, I swear I get my kiddos dressed every day, but as much as I try they end up back in their pj's.  What can I say, they take after their mother. ^^^
And who can forget about sweet Lucy girl.  This girl is a tornado.  She is into EVERYTHING.  My house is a disaster at all times, but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way.  She is getting so big and I can't believe how much she has grown since this time last year.  She's starting to get these adorable curls and I can't help but grit my teeth every time I look at her. 
It's almost near to impossible to get a picture with her holding still, so these will have to do.
I love these babies of mine and can't believe I get to be their mama.  I feel so must responsibility to teach them all the good things of this life.  I pray every night I am doing a semi decent job.  They are so precious to me and I'm just so in love with stage of life.  My favorite thing is finding evidence of where they have been that day.  I find stuffed animals in the freezer, baby dolls in my bed, sticky little fingers all over my furniture, nail polish on bed spreads and I just soak it all in.  I know it won't be this way forever so I'm trying to imprint these memories the best way I know how.

Life is good and I owe all I have to my Savior.  I am so grateful for this time of year where we are able to take a little extra time to appreciate all that He does for each one of us.  He lead a perfect life and I would be nothing without him and his atoning sacrifice.  I hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas season and can feel our Saviors love.  
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

1 comment:

  1. Both of my girls are coming down with colds, too! No fun, but like you said, at least it's this week, not next!
    So sweet that P loves the nativity! Finding that balance between Santa and the real reason for Christmas is so important!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS