Wednesday, August 18

Road To Recovery

Today I called my mom and to my surprise Kiersten answered the phone. She sounded amazing. Her voice was back to normal. She also slept through the night again. Thank you family and friends for your prayers and for putting Kiersten's name in the Temple. It has made all of the difference. The boss (Dr. Reichman) told Kiersten she can go home as soon as she can get up and walk 15x in a 24 hour period. If all goes as planned that could be as early as Saturday. He told her she has been doing everything he has asked her to do, so he would allow her take off her brace while she showers. He originally was not going to allow it. He also told her he would take her skiing to Snowbird when she is fully healed. Here are a few pictures from last nights concert.


I love seeing the support from Kiersten's friends. It is so inspiring and has truly taught me what is really important. My cousin Abbey put this line from Toy Story 3 on her Facebook and all I could think about was Kiersten's support crew. "Andy: Now Woody, he's been my pal for as long as I can remember. He's brave, like a cowboy should be. And kind, and smart. But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what."


Kiersten has had great nurses today. I think it is so wonderful what these nurses and doctors do. They make a difference every day.



It is so funny to watch Kiersten get her back scratched because of how much she enjoys it. She always says, "OH YEAH." But I guess who wouldn't.


My mom is a rock. We are so blessed to have such an incredible mother.



Kiersten and Brittany had a contest today to see who could reach the highest number on their breathing contraption. This helps clear their lungs and prevents pneumonia.




Here is a picture of some of Kiersten's staples.



Sweet Dougie surprised Kiersten today by telling her that he would love to take her to Mexico with Brittany for Thanksgiving, as long as the boss says it is okay. He has been so great to check on Kiersten's progress.

Our cousin Sam brought fry bread for Kiersten and the support crew. If you have never had Navajo fry bread you are missing out, it is delicious.


I miss you little brown bear, but you sound and look amazing. You continue to teach me what really matters. I know that the gospel, family, and friends are the most important and that I shouldn't allow the little things in life to get to me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates Janessa! Oh, she is looking so good! (Except for the staples, that made me nauseous.) Yeah for Sam and his fry bread. You guys are awesome. Kiersten is very lucky to have such great family and friends.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS