Thursday, August 19

You Go Girl

Kiersten has had her best day yet. She continues to climb with her impeccable amount of faith. Her staples were removed from her head, afterwards her nurse gave her a darling french braid.

She continues to enjoy getting her back scratched. If you look close you can see her awesome back scratcher. She just can't get enough.
Today Kiersten was remarkable she got up to walk eleven times. I am astonished at her tremendous progress. It is crazy to think only a week ago she was in a roll over accident.


"You did not come into the world to fail. You came into the world to succeed. You have accomplished much so far. It is only the beginning. As you move forward on the trail of life, keep the banner of faith in self ever before you. You may not be a genius. You may not be exceptionally smart. But you can be good, and you can try. And you will be amazed at what might happen when in faith you take a step forward."
President Gordon B. Hinckley
Today the hospital gave her some pajama bottoms. She couldn't have been more thrilled.
Kiersten has become the queen of thumbs up. It's amazing how contagious a positive attitude can be.

"I am responsible. Although I may not be able to prevent the worst from happening, I am responsible for my attitude toward the inevitable misfortunes that darken life. Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have - life itself."
Walter Anderson
Here she is showing off one of her battle wounds.
Kiersten has the greatest support. None of this would be possible without the help and love of others.
Landan has been wonderful to Kiersten through this experience. Who would have known how much love this pig would get.

Below are few more pictures of Kiersten's stunning flowers. They have brightened her room and her day.

Sister girl thank you for your positive attitude and your eternal perspective on life. You have made it possible for me to witness the countless tender mercies of our Heavenly Father. I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Eleven walks?! That is so awesome! Love, love, love the french braid. Thanks again for the updates Janessa.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS