Wednesday, November 28

My Lady

I was lucky to have had my mom with me for the first week of motherhood.  I honestly don't know what I would have done without her help.  

She is the perfect example of what I would like be and how I would like to raise my daughter.

After staying up with me through my delivery, Tyson and I sent her home to get some rest.  Rest is just not in the cards for my mom.  She decided to clean my house from top to bottom, do all the laundry, and was even going to mow the lawn but couldn't find the lawn mower.  She knew how much I wanted a clean home to bring the baby home to.


She even ironed more than forty of Tyson's shirts.  We started laughing hysterically because we suddenly heard a crackling noise and saw steam coming out of the iron.  It turns out if you iron over forty shirts in a row you will most likely blow up your iron.  She is a much better woman than I, hence the stash of laundry I had building up.


She snuggled Penelope for us every morning so that we could get some rest.  She cooked a delicious dinner and rubbed my feet.  She helped me figure out the nursing thing.  At times when I wanted to cry because I was having a hard time she made it easy to laugh instead.



She even taught Tyson and I how to give the little one a bath.  We were both so nervous to do so.


She is the perfect woman and I don't know what I would have done without her.  I still talk with her every day and I'm sure I will continue to do so far into the future.  She has the best advice and will just listen to me.  I love my mom and will never forget that week we had together.

1 comment:

  1. I love all these pics! Cant wait to see you at the end of this month!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS