Wednesday, December 4

Rockin Around The Christmas Tree

Bright and early yesterday morning Penelope and I decided it was time to decorate our tree.  Can I just say flocked trees are the only way to go.  We got our first one last year and I have been completely smitten ever since.  This years tree is extra fluffy and perfect in my eyes.  Tyson was a little overwhelmed by the size at fist, but has warmed up since.  

Nellie handed me each and every ornament on our tree.  It was the cutest thing ever.  She would hand me one, I would reply with a thank you and we would start the process all over, until the entire tree was covered top to bottom.  

I can't wait to share with her the meaning behind some of the ornaments that fill our tree.  Some of my favorites are the handmade salt dough ornaments that my great aunt made me every year for Christmas, until she passed away.  When I got married my mom sent me with some of my childhood ornaments.  My ballerina and dolphin ornament still bring back happy memories each time I hang them.  My mom also gets each of us kids a new ornament every year.  Last years was a replica of the banana seat bike that all of us learned how to ride on, when we were younger.  Tyson and I try to find an ornament on each vacation we take.  I look forward to seeing the way our tree evolves over the years. 



^^^ I have to keep my eye on this one.  She has a slight obsession with going up an down the ladder.  She's my little mountain goat. ^^^







Everything is so much more magical now that she is in my life.  I can really feel the spirt of Christmas this year and am soaking up every minute of it.  Now onto wrapping the gifts to go under the tree.
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

2 comments:

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS