Wednesday, September 17

Sisters

One of my favorite things I have witnessed is watching Penelope step into her role as a big sister.  She has done it seamlessly.  She adores her sister above all else.  The first thing she does when she wakes up in the morning is walk straight into my room and greet her baby sister.  She has to know where she is at all times.  She gets ultra protective when someone she doesn't know too well holds her baby.  Penelope loves being helpful anyway she can.  She loves bringing me binkies, blankets, and diapers.  I love watching the way she mimics everything I do with her doll.  It is seriously the sweetest thing.  The other day she had me laughing so hard.  She found my nursing shield, pulled up her shirt and put it on her belly.  She was ready to nurse.  

^^^PC: Stephanie Ryan^^^

I wondered how the transition would go, but P surprised me completely.  P even likes riding in the car now because she has her new best friend by her side.  I can't wait to witness their relationship blossom.  I love my sister so much and am so happy I was able to give my baby one of her own.

P has started to have a little harder time with me not being able to hold her and give her all of my attention this week.  It has been really difficult for me.  I want more than anything to hold and squeeze her.  I miss our time together.  I try to get on the floor and give her loves the best way that I can, but it is not the same.  I know that she can feel the difference too.  It has been breaking my heart a little more every day.  I have three and half more weeks left till I can pick her up.  The time couldn't come quick enough.  I didn't know how difficult it would be to not be able to do the little things.  No putting her in the bath, getting her out of bed, putting her in her car seat or highchair and no putting her into bed or carrying her up and down the stairs.  Luckily we have been able to snuggle on my bed each morning while we watch frozen.  She nestles right up to me and holds my hand.  

When the days are rough, I just have to look at these pictures and I am easily reminded of the gift they are to each other.  I know things will get easier, I just have to be patient.  I love my girls more than anything and am grateful to be their mama. 
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS