Friday, July 5

Independence Day

I look forward to the 4th of July all year long.  I love the BBQ's, pool time, fireworks, and homemade ice cream.  This year did not disappoint.  Having a baby makes each holiday, that much more fun.

My mother-in-law and sister-in-law Cara, ran the Freedom Run with me this year.  I participated in this run a couple years ago and loved it.  I wasn't able to do it last year because I was pregnant and knew I had to do it this year.  We woke up bright and early, ready to run.  It was the perfect 4 mile run.  Not too short, not too long, however my legs are killing me today!


It was fun to have the family out there to support us.


Jamba Juice was the perfect post run drink.  


As soon as we got home, we immediately made our way out to the pool.  We were excited to try out Nellie's new floaty.  She LOVED every minute of being in the water.  


The pool was surprisingly empty.  We enjoyed some salami, cheese and crackers pool side, while we soaked up the sun.


After we cleaned up, we headed over to the Tyson's uncle's house for a BBQ.  I ate so much!  The burgers, corn on the cob, baked beans, salads, and fruit hit the spot.


We couldn't cool down, so we got in the pool again.



GiGi surprised us all.  She must have been baking, because she got into the pool all by herself.  She usually hates the water!  It made our night.


We finished up the night with homemade peach and strawberry ice cream and a delicious flag cake.  We sat and enjoyed the fireworks.  I was nervous to see how Nellie would handle everything, especially because it was way past her bed time.  Much to our surprise, she loved them.  She sat on my lap mesmerized by the colors and sounds that were coming from the sky.  By the end of the show she was asleep in her daddy's arms.  For a baby that can be awaken by the drop of a pin, this was shocking!  She was all tuckered out.


I love America and feel so blessed to live amazing country!  
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS