Thursday, August 29

Granola

Stepping into my good friends Megan's pantry, I knew I would be sure to find her mom's homemade granola.  I looked forward to a bowl of its goodness every time I went over there.  This recipe is super easy and is a tasty way to start your morning.  I store mine in a Tupperware and love how it keeps for a long time.  Tyson gets giddy every time I make this.

Homemade Granola Recipe

10 cups oats
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
A couple handfuls of whole Almonds or any other kind of nuts
1 tablespoons butter
3 tsp. Vanilla 
1 cup honey
 


Combine honey, butter, and vanilla into a bowl and microwave for 2 minutes.


While honey mixture is cooking in the microwave, combine oats, brown sugar, salt and nuts into a separate bowl.



Combine the wet and dry ingredients until oats are well coated.


Spread granola onto two separate cookie sheets.


Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes....turn mixture on pan and bake for an additional 15 minutes.


Let granola cool and break into small pieces.  


Almond Milk and fresh berries compliment this granola perfectly.


Bon Appetite!

 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

8 comments:

  1. I have been SEARCHING for a good granola recipe (it's so expensive to buy!) and I am absolutely making this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog! Just wondering if you use quick oats or old fashioned oats, or does it even matter? Thanks for the great recipes. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting, can't wait to try! What's the quantity for the nuts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a couple of handfuls. I like the nuts so I put a lot:) unfortunately I never measure the quantity. The more the better, I feel! I hope you enjoy!!

      Delete
  4. Is this Ma's granola recipe...

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS