Sunday, August 18

Shaver Lake Getaway

Tyson first brought me to Camp Edison back when we were newly married.  I was overwhelmingly homesick and getting out into nature, was the best medicine.  Since that summer three years ago, Tyson and I have been back four different times.  We had such a great time, we decided to invite our family and friends to join in the fun.  I think everyone is hooked.  We have all decided to make this weekend trip a tradition.  It really is perfect.  Camp Edison is only forty five minutes away from our house and if you don't get that car sick, it's a beautiful drive.  Every time we get up into the mountains I feel like I am back home in Utah.  The smell of the tress and campfire take me to my happy place.  This year was my favorite yet.  We got to take Penelope on her first camping trip.  This girl is one after my own heart.  She loved every second and even slept great.


The campsite is super clean and even allows dogs, plus, plus.



Gigi has been coming with us for three years now.  Each year she has gotten better and better.  This year we decided to let her off her leash and see how she would do.  She stayed right by our side and enjoyed camping every bit as much as we did.


^^^Our cute nieces dancing the night away.^^^




^^^ I don't think there is ever a moment, this little girl is not making me smile.  Whoever invented the pack n play, is a pure genius. ^^^


^^^ I still remember camping with my siblings so vividly.  Some of the best memories I have with them. ^^^



^^^ Tin foil dinners are always a highlight of the evening.  My mouth is watering by the time they are out of the fire. ^^^




Penelope was wide awake at six o'clock the next morning.  All of our tents were side by side, so we decided to take a walk down to the lake in order to not wake up the others.  It ended up being the best idea.  We made it just in time to watch the sun rise over the mountains.  







^^^ One day will have ourselves one of those boats. ^^^



My mama heart about overflowed when we took GiGi off of her leash.  She was in heaven.  I have never seen her run so freely and in essence, enjoy being a dog.  She ran wildly and even surprised us by getting into the water.




^^^ Could these two seriously get any cuter. ^^^




^^^ Nellie's first sunrise.  It was breath taking. ^^^







^^^Pardon my no make-up face. ^^^





^^^ Nellie's slippers, I die. ^^^


^^^ Check out the beastly fire Tyson and I made.  I think we make a pretty good team. ^^^



^^^ No mother, I didn't let her drink the Diet Coke. ^^^



^^^ We got back just in time for the most delicious pancakes.  Our brother-in-law Brandon has a gift with that griddle. ^^^

After breakfast we decided to head back down to the lake.  We were kicking ourselves, that we didn't bring our swim suits.  The water was so refreshing.  GiGi had even more fun this time.










^^^ All Penelope wanted to do, was to munch on the sand. ^^^



After spending the morning in the water we headed back to camp to finish loading up the cars.  We decided to stop for snow cones and nachos, before the ride back down the mountain.  Turns out, it was the best decision we made.  These snow cones were comparable to the ones we enjoy so much in Hawaii.  


Camping is one of my all time favorite things to do as a family.  I love the quality time that is spent and even if just for a weekend, no cell phones were used.  I always look forward to staying up way too late talking around the campfire.  Being out in nature, always makes me appreciate God's creations.  I hope Penelope will love camping as much as I do.  This weekend was perfect and the best way to wrap up summer.
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS