Wednesday, March 6

Penelope's Nursery

I am just now getting to blogging about Penelope's nursery.  It has been a slow process, but I have enjoyed every step.  We selected the smallest room in our house for the nursery because I wanted a cozy, warm, little space for Penelope to be tucked away in.  I knew the second we were walking through the model home that this would be our first baby's room.

I picked grey walls because they were gender neutral and they go with almost any color.


The entire rooms color scheme was based around this green chair.  When looking at options for a rocker I didn't have much to work with.  I had a tight budget and was determined to stick to it, that is where Craig's List came into play.  I found this little gem for a whopping $75.  This was the first piece of furniture I purchased and didn't know where things were going to go from there.

I decided green would obviously be one of the main colors and decided purple, pink, yellow, and grey would work good as accent colors.

I already had the metal P from Anthropolgie and thought it would be a nice touch.  The blanket draped over the chair was a gift from one of my showers and the pillow is from DwellStudio.  The grey ottoman can be found at World Market.


Penelope's dresser used to be in our master bedroom.  It was a gift from an old neighbor.  It happened to be her great grandmothers.  She didn't want it and we gladly accepted.  Tyson worked many nights getting the right amount of coats of paint on, to cover the natural wood finish.  The shelves are from Target as well as the green vase and grey basket, where I store her diapers and wipes.  The mirror was found at Home Goods.  I had to put a dream catcher in Penelope's room.  I had a collection of them while I was growing up.  I swear by them.  One of them is from her uncle Josh and the other one is from our recent trip down to the reservation.  The changing pad is from Carousel Designs.  The basket on the floor was also found at Target, no surprise there.  It is the perfect little size to store her blankets.  



Penelope's crib was the same model I had when I was a baby.  It is a Jenny Lind.  It was the most inexpensive crib out there and it happened to be just what I wanted.  I found her bedding on Pottery Barn Kids.  I got her fox and bunny from Anthropologie.  The bow garland was made by yours truly.  I thought it would be a way to add in some more color to the room.  My friend Erin made the mobile.  It was hung in her twins nursery. She was selling it because she was transitioning her nursery into a big girls room.



Penelope's bows and headbands are strung over a jewelry holder from Target.  I loved that it tied in the gold and bird theme.  The picture frame is and IKEA find.  My favorite is the babushka doll from Tyson's mission in Russia.



I love every square inch of Penelope's nursery.  I cherish the time spent on that little green chair.  It's amazing how much love can be shared within those four walls.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS