Monday, October 20

My Little Indian Princess

I can't believe my sweet little Lucy has been with us for seven weeks now!  Wow how times has been flying by.  While taking my friend dinner tonight, I got to peek in on her brand new baby girl and I couldn't believe the size difference, between our two girls.  My baby looked like a giant.  It was a sweet reminder to hold my baby a little longer and to not worry so much about the mundane things.  I love this baby of mine more and more every day.  You never think it's possible to love them more than the first time you lay eyes on them, but it's totally possible.  Lucy is getting so squishy and honestly feels like a round butterball turkey.  She has started cooing and flashing her dimples at us all day long.  

We are finally getting on a schedule here, which has made a world of a difference.  There is a lot more planning that goes into each day and no matter how hard I try I seem to still be running around like a mad woman.  That mom brain thing is for real!  I finally braved taking both girls grocery shopping with me.  It actually turned out better than I could have imagined.  All I had to do was give P some Sour Patch Watermelons and we were good to go.  I have since gotten out on a couple of walks and have even taken the girls to the mall.  We may not look like we have it all together, but we are trying and that's all that matters.  I am quickly learning to never judge other mothers and their kids.  I always said that my kids would be perfectly groomed, matching and nails clipped at all times.  If you have seen me out and about lately you will know that this is not the case and that's okay.  

I laugh instead of stress now when things don't go as planned.  Because with kids no matter how much you plan ahead of time, things can always take a turn.  For example, tonight I was cooking dinner I had chicken grilling on the stove, noodles boiling in the pan and spaghetti squash in the microwave.  All of a sudden I hear the loudest boom and poof out flew my squash all over the kitchen.  My floor, stove and microwave were covered.  This happened all the while, the water started boiling over the pot, P needed to go potty, Gigi was licking up the remains of the squash and Lucy started crying because she was hungry.  I couldn't help but smile!  When life throws you lemons....

I love my crazy life!  Things are definitely different with two kids, but I wouldn't change a thing.  I have less than a week until I start teaching Zumba again and I can only imagine how much crazier our mornings are going to get.  I look forward to getting back in shape and releasing those endorphins and I'm sure P is excited to go back to the day care.  She honestly has so much fun in there.  Things have picked up with my photography, which is such a blessing.  I am having so much with each session and look forward to these next two busy months.  We are off to Sacramento this weekend for apple picking and I couldn't be more excited.  A slight dream of mine!  If it's anything like strawberry picking, P will be in heaven.

And now to the pics of Lucy girl!  I am so in love with the headband my friend got her.  It was such a thoughtful gift and a little slice of her indian heritage.  

Hope your day has been amazing!  Thanks for following along my silly little blog.
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

2 comments:

  1. She is the most beautiful, adorable butterball I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those rolls!! I want to squish her!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS