Wednesday, October 15

Penelope's Big Girl Room Tour

I am so excited to share Penelope's BIG GIRL bedroom.  There was a lot of thought and planning that went into this room.  It might actually be my favorite room in our house.  I wanted to make sure it was a toddler friendly room, but also something that she could grow into.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a room and then have to turn around and make it age appropriate.  I wanted it to be bright, fun and cheery because those are all the things P is to me.  Aqua and orange are my two favorite colors, so they were well incorporated into her room.  She isn't sleeping in her bed just yet, but she is well aware that this is her room.  Any time someone new comes to visit, she loves to first show them her room.

We made sure to get her a double bed so that when we have guest come to town, they would have a comfortable bed to sleep in.  
 Most of her toys are wooden and work well for decoration and play.  A win win if you ask me.
There are books displayed all over her room, which are a favorite of hers.  She knows right where to go and where her favorites lay.  
My amazing father-in-law and husband were the masterminds behind P's golden polka dot wall.  They did some math and went to town making sure each dot was perfectly placed.  It was actually a lot of fun to watch the wall evolve into a golden girls dream.  P's dresser was a given to us by our neighbor and was also the dresser we used in her nursery.  Tyson painted it and left the original hardware.  It's one of my favorite things about her room.
I had to make sure there were multiple places to hang and display all of her bows and headbands.  One of the highlights of P's morning, is picking out what headband she is going to wear that day.
She loves her Owl backpack and takes it everywhere with her.  I had to make sure I found some way to display it properly.  This deer hook was just the thing.
Like every other child, P has a plethora of stuffed animals.  I wanted them to be easily accessible for her, as well as easy to clean up.  
As soon as I noticed that P had an opinion on her clothes, I knew that was the sign that it was time for a dress up basket.  Tyson's mom and dad spoiled P with a couple of princess dresses.  I die every time she puts one on.  She has a thing for the gloves that accompany each dress.  P is also obsessed with her yellow tutu her cousins gave her as well.  I am still kicking myself in the pants, that I sold all of my years of dance and cheer costumes at a yard sale back in the day.  What was I thinking?!?!
I fell in love with the vibrant colors in this garland.  I'm pretty sure I want one in every room of my house.  The first time P saw it hanging on the wall she screamed and pointed to it.
There have already been so many fun memories made in this room and I look forward to so many more.  I am still a little nervous to attempt the big girl bed transition.  If you have any suggestions, I would love to hear any advice.  I can only hope that I created an atmosphere where countless hours of play, dress up and reading can take place.

Jenny Lind Bed // Bedding // Cloud Pillow // Star Pillow // Yellow Pillow // Picture Ledge // Lady Bug Print // Gold Dots // Tassel Garland // Grey & White Storage Basket // Zinc Letter // Deer Hook // Bla Bla Dolls  

To view other rooms in our house see HERE & HERE.

Little by little were making progress on our house and I'm having so much fun doing so!
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS