Saturday, October 4

Pumpkin Bread

It's Conference weekend and I couldn't be more thrilled.  This is one weekend that I look forward to all year long.  I love that I get to spend so much time with my little family, hear uplifting words, and bake in the kitchen.  

Seeing that it is Fall and since I have been craving all things pumpkin, I decided to post the yummiest pumpkin bread recipe.  I got the recipe from my friend Kim.  Pretty much any recipe that comes from her kitchen is amazing.  Remember this one?!  

Tyson has never been a fan of pumpkin so when he gave me the go ahead on this bread, I knew it was golden.  The aroma in your kitchen will be heavenly while making this recipe.  If you come over to my house, you might find a loaf of bread baking in the oven at all times, just to please my senses.

Pumpkin Bread

Dry Ingredients
3 1/2 cups flour
3 cups sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg

Wet Ingredients
2 cups Libby's pumpkin
4 eggs beaten
1 1/4 cup oil
2/3 cup water
Combine all wet ingredients and set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients and make a deep well.
Pour wet ingredients into well.  Stir just enough to dampen dry ingredients. 
Grease and flour two bread pans.
Pour batter into pans.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or just until toothpick comes out clean.
^^^ P has a thing for oven mitts. ^^^
^^^ Lucy taking in the sweet aroma of nutmeg, cinnamon and pumpkin. ^^^
I hope you all enjoy this bread as much as the Parker household.
 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS